We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Topic
Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

When we arrive at the airport we need to stock up some supplies for the condo we rented in the Romantic Zone. We want to stop at a super market first. I assume Ley or Mega would our option markets.

1) What market is the easiest to stop in quick and get our supplies on the way to the Romantic Zone?

2) We plan to take a yellow taxi outside of the airport. Would it be best to rent taxi for the whole trip and just have him wait for us? I'm guessing 15-25 minutes in store. Or are there taxi's at the market so we could just hire another?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

Soriana Playa de Oro would be your best bet heading south from the airport. They have a sitio (taxi stand) in the parking lot so if your intention is to haul luggage over the 4 ramp overpass to get a yellow city taxi instead of an airport taxi, then ask them to take you there - then have one party wait with the bags while the other picks up supplies, then into your next taxi there (which to the south side should be about 80 pesos). I couldn't tell you what it would cost from there, ballpark guess for a city taxi from the overpass to the supermarket might be 50-60 pesos...? Just remember yellow city taxis are usually smaller than airport taxis so if you have large pieces of luggage, this will matter.

Or you could just book a private transfer with grocery stop included.

You

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

thanks. we will be traveling very light this time.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

Remember, and although many drivers will wait, they are not permitted to drop you and wait. To avoid any problems for your driver ask him if he would like to come in a push your cart. Most will do this to avoid any complaints.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,366 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

I'd just use two different taxis myself. There's always a line waiting outside grocery stores in my experience.

AR
Level Contributor
3,577 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

I use Soriana Playa d Oro a lot while in PV....there are always taxis there or passing by...no problem getting a second taxi

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

Thanks for all the input. Can anybody else confirm yellow taxi prices from airport to soriana and soriana to romantic zone?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

I can only confirm Soriana to south side (what you're referencing as the zona romantica), which I've always paid 80 pesos for, and tipped the driver if he helped me with my groceries.

8. Re: Airport - Market - Romantic Zone taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 29, 2014