We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 great days

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
10 great days

Just back from spending 10 great days at the El Pescador hotel in old town. Great location and super nice beach area. The pool area was very good also. The ocean was very rough but we spent alot of time on the beach and just used the pool to cool off in. Right off our deck we could see many whales and dolphins. We did a Rino tour and it was very good and saw alot of country. There is so much to see and do in old town that 10 days just flew by. Willing to answer questions. Wendy

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 great days

Looks like you were in a great location. I agree the ocean was pretty rough but I don't ever swim in it anyway, just let the waves lap my feet! Lots of great whale watching from shore too. Where did the Rino tour take you? Glad you had a great time and I agree there's never enough time to do everything we think we'll do!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 great days

Curious how the beds were there? We've had some discussions here about that so maybe you could help others thinking about El Pescador. I've been in their lobby (since I stay nearby and tend to do a lot of walking down Av. Mexico, especially now that it's been re-done) but never stayed there.

Glad to hear you had a great time!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 great days

Would love to hear more about your Rino tour. Who it was with and where...

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,809 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 great days

Glad you had a nice trip, and await the answers to the questions that have been asked. Sounds like an interesting stay!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 great days

Where in Old Town is this hotel. Expedia map puts it in Centro, north of the Malecon.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,546 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 great days

It is north of Parque Hidalgo, the location is shown at the bottom of this map.

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

El Centro is much older than the south side.

Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 great days

We certainly did enjoy the Rhino tour. Booked it through puertovallartatours.net. We left at 9.30 am and were driven to the Botanical Gardens. This is a lovely area with many walking paths and trails through gardens and jungle. This is family owned. This is where we got on our Rhino and went down back roads through small villages and ended up at a small family owned Tequila factory where they told us how they do it and of course lots of tasting. Next we rode to Los Veranos where they do zip lining. Beautiful country side and scenery to fall in love with. They also have a petting zoo and it was fun to feed the very small monkeys. Great day and there are places to swim in the rivers if you wish. We had a great quide and only the 2 of us.

Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 great days

The beds are very hard. The word very should be underlined! That being said the hotel is so well located and so near everything I woud stay again. When you stay at the El Pescador you also get to us the Rosita Hotels pool and the one computer that is shared by all. No fear, there are lots of other places to get on line. The hotels pool area and beach area is great.

Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 great days

It is located right on the ocean about 3 blocks from the start of the boardwalk.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,767 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 great days

wen--sounds like you had a great time on the tour---since i'm all about food(and booze) any places in 10 days that you liked ?