We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
August Weather

JR, Could you give me a discription on what kind of weather I could expect in August. Is it VERY humid? Or manageable? I'm coming there on the 9th of August. I would appreciate a possible forcast on how weather has been for the last few August seasons

Thanks, From New York City!!!

J R
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: August Weather

Have you ever been to Miami Beach? very similar, but, in my experience, not as bad.

Late afternoon and evening downpours for about 2 hours, causing a drop in temp. and humidity.

Lots of sun - too much !!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
883 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: August Weather

Hey, robere,

I will be coming down on August 10th, and I don't think the humidity will be really too much different than it will be in NYC (we go to PV every August, and I have spent some pretty steamy days in NY during the summer, I would say the heat and humidity will be similar - except I have to work while I am in NY and am playing in PV, so maybe my viewpoint is biased). The storms, if they happen while you are in PV, are awesome to watch and they blow thru pretty quickly in my experience.

You will absolutely LOVE it! As a side note, what in your opinion is a can't miss restaurant in NY? Just curious :)

Thanks,

Kit

New York, NY
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: August Weather

Hi kit,

Thanks for the info. I have been to pvr before but never August. So, I'm excited to get a possible storm while I'm there, why not! I witnessed a storm once and it flooded the streets it was fun to watch.

where will you be stying while your there?

Have you researched any facts that might be helpful while in pvr?

P.S.

Restaurants in the city here's a list of my favs-

Babbo (Mario Batli's rest on Thompson street) Unreal Italian- Tough to get into.(Great Wine list)

BLT Steak is the new steakhouse to go too in Union square(Never been but it's getting good reviews)

in my opinion Best German in Manhattan- Zumscheider

I go here all the time great beer-AWESOME food

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
883 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: August Weather

Hi Robere,

We stay at Ocho Cascadas in Conchas Chinas - it's a time share property. Where will you be staying?

We have done lots of research both online and thru personal experience down there, if you have specific questions I would be happy to give my opinion - are you looking for info on cheap eats, expensive eats, activities, bars, grocery stores?

I have a little list going of some of the places that we don't want to miss this year, kinda to remind us while we're there since we tend to get so relaxed and just go with the flow, before we know it our vacation is done.....

If you know where you are staying it will be easier to recommend stuff close to that area

I am putting Zum Scheider on my list for my next trip to NY - not going until July but I am always looking for new good places there - thanks so much for the tip!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
5. Re: August Weather

Hi guys! I came across this forum and was wondering if the August temp/humidity/rain situation was still the same answer. My family and I have had a condo at the Sheraton there for about 5 years, but we would usually do the spring break time in march. I get it this year to use with a few friends and august is the only good time for us to go. Some sites have made it sound like the temp and humidity are ungodly along with rain ruining the days. Any input...let me know!!! (I'm from chicago so I am use to contradicting weather!)

-Jordan

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,410 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: August Weather

Hi Jordan, I'm from Chicago, too. (Sorry, I didn't realize that you addressed this to JR.) Have been looking at the summer weather during the last 2 years and it's actually been warmer in Chgo. than in PV, although it does get a bit cooler in Chgo. at night. Since you're used to Chicago's wacky weather, I think you'll be just fine.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,410 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: August Weather

Oh, boy! It was actually the OP that asked JR for advice.

australia
2 posts
8. Re: August Weather

Hi Robert & Kit, We'll be in puerto vallarta from the 7th of August & we too were curious about the weather. We live in the far northern tropics of australia in a place called cairns, so we're use to really humid weather - but didn't really want to spend our holiday indoors. By the sounds of it, there will still be plenty of sun during the day to laze by the beach!

J R
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: August Weather

Too much bloody sun many times, you'll be praying for that nice rain to cool things down.

australia
2 posts
10. Re: August Weather

excellent!!!!