We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PORTLAND, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

Does anyone who's stayed at the Hotel El Pescador know whether there are hair dryers and irons in the rooms, or available upon request? I emailed them but haven't rec'd a response. Thanks in advance. Threeweeksfromtoday, threesweeksfrom today, YAY!

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
277 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

We stay there each year. They have hair dryers but am not sure about irons. I would bet if you asked at the desk they would have them. The only thing we noticed missing was a small refrigerator in the room. Their sister hotel the Rosita has refrigerators. Be prepared for very firm beds and definitely get one ocean side. The rooms street side can be a bit noisy at night.

Rand

PORTLAND, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

Thanks so much for your response. The iron isn't critical, just might be nice to have, but the hair dryer is and I sure didn't want to haul one down with me if I didn't need it. We have reserved an ocean-front room & I can't wait! :)

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
641 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

Travel sized Downy wrinkle release spray---easy!

PORTLAND, OR
Level Contributor
212 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

Ooooo....that's a great tip! Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

The natural humidity will often take care of wrinkles too once you unpack and hang things up. Think I can still count on one hand all the times I've had to iron something after leaving it to hang up. (-:

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,286 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

I don't pack any clothes that need ironing. Solves that problem :) And my lightweight cotton knits, linen, etc. look well enough by just hanging them up upon arrival.

That said, in earlier trips with a bit different clothes I have asked and borrowed an iron from housekeeping (not at el Pescador, but guessing most hotels would provide this if there are no irons in the room).

suze

7. Re: Anyone who stayed at El Pescador know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014