We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Muertos Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Los Muertos Beach

How long would it take to walk from the Secrets Vallarta to Los Muertos beach?

Also, need recommendations for "the best" restaurant on Los Muertos Beach for fine dining in the evening....possibly a restaurant with some sort of entertainment.

Thanks.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Muertos Beach

Not sure about the walk, as I've never attempted it. But the best restaurant on the beach for fine dining would be La Palapa, in my opinion. There are plenty of other choices along the beach, too, and most have their menus posted outside for you to review. Just fine the one that suits your taste the best. Have a blast.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Muertos Beach

With the new Malecon extension and bridge to the southside, depending on your pace it's a good 45-60min walk from Secrets... We've walked it a couple times from the hotel sone and usually need to take a cab back after a few buckets of coronas and 2-4-1 drinks lol.

Dacquiri Dicks and La Palapa are 2 good choices for fine dining on the beach, it's not uncommon for Mariachis to stop at either restaurant during dinner hours; both also offer live music on certain nights and have indoor and outdoor seating.

Daiquiri Dicks | www.ddpv.com

La Palapa | www.lapalapapv.com

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Muertos Beach

For a real enchanted dinning experience go to Hacienda San Angel. Make sure you do go durning the week when the Mariachis play. They are the best in PV. http://www.haciendasanangel.com/dining.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,397 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Muertos Beach

La Palapa is the nicest restaurant on Los Muertos. with Daiquiri Dicks coming in 2nd (imo).

I agree with the about 1 hour for walking, it's not close! :)

suze

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Muertos Beach

Los Bambinos came in to Daquiri Dicks on the 12th, sang a song and then sang Happy Birthday to my buddy's wife.

Pretty cool.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,053 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Muertos Beach

There is some really good music played live...top favorites type of music that everyone enjoys....at Coco Tropical next door to Dacquiri Dick's, and it starts at Happy Hour so it's a fun place for a drink...if you can get in there...it's popular. CT is less fancy than DD's but nice.

Cool Claymore, I hope I run across them next week.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Muertos Beach

If you like Blues music, Nacho Daddy is just around the corner from Los Muertos Beach and they have live music. Friday nights are a good time over there : )

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Muertos Beach

La Palapa .. and especially on the evenings when the Alberto Perez trio is doing their acousitc jazz stuff in the lounge (that used to be Monday and Tuesday evenings).

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Muertos Beach

Just go down there you will be glad you checked it out.Nacho Daddy is a great venue for music at times.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Muertos Beach

Thank you for the suggestions. As many times as we have been to Puerto Vallarta, this is the first time we will be staying at resorts (Friendly Vallarta and Secrets Vallarta) that are very close to the Malecon and all the action.

I think on this trip, we will now be able to spend more time exploring the town.