We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Do busses run from Paradise Village into Old Town Puerto Vallarta and what stops would you reccommend?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Yes, we stayed there last year and loved it. The bus is right outside PV at the Paradise mall. It takes you into town and to get to old town, you change close to the malecon. I can't remember where, but someone will know. The bus drivers are very helpful and alot of people are getting off. It is cheap and fun and takes maybe about 40mins. max from the PV as it's further south in nuevo than others.

Enjoy:)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Take the ATM Line bus from Nuevo into Puerto Vallarta's northern area - 14 pesos, get off at the last stop and wait for a city bus with "Centro" in the window, 6.5pesos

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Married, you have the facts wrong. You take the 'directo' bus from the Paradise plaza, stay on it untill a few blocks past walmart, transfer to a centro bus and stay on it until it travels to old town area.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Isn't that what I said? Maybe not as close to the malecon as you think I meant (or maybe it sounded like), but not a long ways and transfer to another bus to old town. I believe that is exactly what I said??? We did it last Jan. a few times, so I don't know what facts you think I have wrong???

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

I thought you said to change bus at the malecon to get into old town. I see now what you meant. It was confusing as the bus switch isn't that close to the malecon.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,340 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

It's very simple. Just sit on the big bench at the bus parada at Paradise Village. There will be two buses that stop there. Lots of people will be sitting there.

One is DIRECTO (that goes down to Puerto Vallarta). The other will say RIU. That goes north to the hotels/resort up north in Nuevo. Both routes will show in the front window, and often on the side window.

The bus (an ATM special bus, specifically for Riviera Nayarit) will go south into Puerto Vallarta and will stop at various places. Where I always get off is at either Plaza Caracol or Plaza Las Glorias, as the ATM bus will turn inland (off the main drag) shortly after that. If you get off at Plaza Las Glorias (by Canto del Sol), there is a bus parada/shelter there where you can pick up a city bus there, within 2 minutes.

I haven't done the ATM bus down from Nuevo for 14 months but it was 13 pesos when I last did the DIRECTO route south from Paradise Village. The drivers from that area speak decent English as they are used to dealing with tourists.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

No problemo, cheers:)

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

Marly - great instructions. I also stay on the first bus from Paradise as you suggested (don't get off at Walmart, stay on the bus for awhile till Plaza's). Then transfer to Centro. the first bus is just more comfortable. The second bus, the 'centro' goes into PV city, just stay on it, you'll be going parallel to the malecon. It crossed a bridge, then entered "old town". the bus driver is usually helpful. I like to go right into old town,, then walk back towards the malecon and catch the bus home up by Rosita. I want the bus ride back shorter....

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

The fare went up one peso to 14 pesos.

10. Re: Bus from Paradise Village (nuevo Vallarta) into town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2014