We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Rio bbq

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
El Rio bbq

Went at the kind invitation on board member Ian.

This place is, IMHO, everything it's cracked up to be. A half rack easily feeds 2. I struggled with a quarter rack. You get carrots, radishes and cucumber with your meal. The Gringo pappas fritas are good but almost excessive. The bill including 5 beers and a tip was 240 pesos.

The 04 bus gets you up and back. I took a taxi up for 60 pesos.

I just found BBQ sauce in my chin. . .

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: El Rio bbq

Someone in this tread mentioned the sign showing a steer head.So are the most of you eating beef ribs? To be honest I am partial to pork ribs (actually love them) I have not eaten a lot of beef ribs,but the ones I have never compared to Pork.There is one mention of someone having Pork ribs are they good? Or should I try the Beef and be prepared to be surprised?

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: El Rio bbq

Pork.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: El Rio bbq

Those must be enormous pigs! The ribs look like dinosaur bones.

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: El Rio bbq

They originally had me fooled, too, and I know meat, having been a retail meat cutter and slaughter house worker before I felt the need to experience more danger and intrigue and took up postal work. They're so big because they aren't the usual back ribs, but rather the rest of the rib -- the part that curves around to the brisket (breast) bone.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: El Rio bbq

Thanks for clearing that up, Greg. I couldn't figure out how they got such large pork ribs. I have very little knowledge of butchering. I went to a slaughterhouse once, didn't eat meat for a decade. Glad I'm a rib-loving omnivore now!

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: El Rio bbq

Funny! The number of people who said that felt like Fred Flintstone!

Greg, will be there friday around 2:00. Look for the dopey looking guy sitting with a relatively awake couple.

Or just yell either Claymore or Don.

Don't respond to idiot anymore, but am sure my wife's best friend will notice . .

Edited: 7:37 pm, February 14, 2013
Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: El Rio bbq

We'll not be there this week, but maybe next Friday. Going to Q?P for fish, 7-ish, I'd guess, so hop off the bus as it goes by. If JR's there before his cantina crawl, we'll probably be sitting with him. I've got white hair and white, Colonel Sanders-looking facial hair.

Edited: 8:23 pm, February 14, 2013
Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: El Rio bbq

Sorry have retired tonight Hors de Combat while mi Amigos do rhythms of the night. Since my wife and I introduced them I felt best to stay away on Valentines.

Was going to buy myself a flower but thinking about it it would be a waste of a flower.

I guess I could gwt some salad dressing somewhere and eat the the flower. .

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: El Rio bbq

Friday at Q?P, not tonight, for fish.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: El Rio bbq

I doubt I'll make it to Q?P before the Cantina Crawl, Greg, plus they are having Karaoke again today for Fast Eddie's birthday, and you know how much I like Karaoke ?? :(