We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV Restaurant Guide or List

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
PV Restaurant Guide or List

My wife and I are returning to the PV area for the first time since '05, however that trip we never did get down to the city itself as we were staying further up the coast at the Palladium and really didn't venture out much.

This trip trip we're staying down by the marina in the Mayan resorts, not all inclusive, so I'm looking for a list of restaurants that we can check out while there.

Travelling down from Kelowna, BC, there from Feb 24 to Mar 10 and will also be checking out our friends bar, the Twisted Palms while there.

Safe Travels.

Eric & Lynda

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

Beck's Best is a great restaurant guide that covers everything from taco stands to haute cuisine. You can contact the author, Gary Beck, at garyrbeck1@yahoo.com. I always refer to this guide when I'm trying to decide where to eat.

Yes, I am a biased consumer. Gary Beck is a close friend of mine.

Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

Check the Restaurant Reviews up on the left corner. These are listed not by gourmet standards but by several aspects of satisfaction. We found many new places to try and were very pleased with the results. El Rio BBQ, No Way Jose, Daquari Dicks and Joe Jacks Fish Shack come to mind for me but Encanto and Casa Naranjo are on my list to try next time. Oh, I forgot, don't miss Casa Isabel.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

Here's some good ones:

Casa Isabel (Madison South)

Archie's Wok

River Cafe

Hacienda San Angel

Lindo Mar (La Playita)

La Palapa

Vista Grill

Coco's Kitchen

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

I love to recommend La Cigale as I feel it's one our cities most delicious/underrated restaurants. French cuisine, and very intimate!

Altoona, Iowa
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

I would highly recommend No Way Jose, one of our favorites now. Al from Twisted Palms is the one that sent us there, and we now eat there every trip! Plus you are only 2 - 3 blocks from the Twisted Palms when you are done eating you can go there for your nightcap! Or stop there to have drinks before dinner!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,332 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

Our 'current' favourites -- except for the first named, all are located in the city's south side.

- Planeta Vegetariano (downtown, Iturbide 270)

- Dianita (Francisco Madero 243)

- Dianita (for comida corrida)

- Cafe Bohemio (Rodolfo Gomez 127)

- Cenaduria Celia (Lazaro Cardenas 506)

- Eat At Davids (Aquiles Serdan 380)

- Hacienda Alemana (Basilio Badillo 378)

- Los Tres Delfines (Manuel M. Dieguez)

- Magna Magna (now at Lazaro Cardenas 452)

- Que?Pasa (Aquiles Serdan 625)

- Tony's Please (Lazaro Cardenas 440)

Have a great trip, and fun dining out!!

Level Contributor
3,384 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

We have stayed at the mayan in the Marina many times, good choice.

i am sure you will get many/many recomendations of places to eat downtown from the DE on this forum.

It is not always possible to travel downtown every day, so don't forget to try some of the great places right on your doorstep at the Marina.

right across from the Mayan Pizza & Beer 2 for 1 pizza & beer tuesday night.

Just as you enter the marina proper, Tacumba(Victor's Place) fajita bananas (1 fajita feeds 2) No Name BBQ, Route66 Diner, Portafino, Mr. Cream or Sticky fingers (breakfast) & of course DO NOT MISS " El Colequite " seafood right at the far end of the marina (closed tuesdays)

Have great time !!!

Level Contributor
38,598 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

I agree with the first post as a great place to start. But also just read thru this forum. There are restaurant threads pretty much weekly with everyone's favorites listed.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,332 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

There's a great restaurant listing at -- vallartainfo -- with lots of useful information --

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: PV Restaurant Guide or List

Thank you all for your advice and favorite restaurant choices...as we are a distance from downtown PV, we won't be going in every day, but when we do we're looking forward to some good dining experiences.

Also looking forward to catching up with Al at the Twisted Palms, we first met Al when he was bartending at the John B Pub in Coquitlam, BC, which was our second home, and he always spoke of his dream of owning a bar in PV...

Thanks again everyone...looking forward to some sun and surf real soon!!

Eric & Lynda

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta