We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portage la prairie...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

Going to Dreams PV end of march..I have seen pictures on their site of people fishing off kayaks. Has anyone done this? Wondering what the experience was like? Looked like it might be fun

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
11,941 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

My husband has done it, not at Dreams but other Pacific side resorts that are in coves and have rocky sides, or have rock islands nearby to fish around. He had a blast. Just carries on his rods, packs his tackle and reels in his checked bag.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

Correct me if i am wrong but a license is required if not fishing from shore correct?

portage la prairie...
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

I was hoping there would be tackle and equipment that I could use/ rent from the resort. As far as a license goes, not sure. I am willing to purchase one if needed though

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

There are several locals that I always see fishing & diving from their Kayaks just a little north of Dreams in front of the Lindo Mar resort. There is one fisherman that goes out every day and sells his fish & lobster to the people at the resort.

There are several reefs off the beach that hold a lot of marine life.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

Don't worry about a licence, and you will have to bring your own gear. I do this all the time. You can buy an inexpensive telescopic rod, take a decent reel, line, and some quality spoons.

I actually caught quite a few fish from shore at Dreams. Funny story, I went out in a kayak to do some fishing one day. They have a big inflatable thing floating out in front of the resort. and I thought maybe there would be some fish under or around it. I casted from quite a distance and the lure flew much further than I had thought. I started to retrieve it and heard a guy yelling for me to stop. He had beeen laying inside this thing and I caught him in the chest. It took a little effort but he got the hook out without too much trouble(barbless). He wasn't upset and thought it was kind of funny. The big one that didn't get away!

So, yes you can fish from a kayak, just be a little more careful than I was.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
11,941 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

speed0- lol!!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,778 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

deejathome Wrong, only if you're driven by a motor. No License required from a Kayak. There are tours offered for this with all the tackle supplied.

8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

This is a new activity at the resort.

9. Re: Dreams PV-- fishing from kayak. Anyone done this??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 09, 2014