We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lights on the pier

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Lights on the pier

Is the new pier lit up every night, or just weekends? I assume the lights have been repaired. I've been curious ever since Tansandy's post on Jan 11, about the lights being off.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
745 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lights on the pier

I too am curious about lighting and peoples overall impression of the new pier. I hope it will be adventagous and that poeple will come and enjoy themselves.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lights on the pier

I had my first look at it and from farther away, it isn't quite as bad as I expected.I am not saying it is good, up close it is huge and going to block sunsets for several beach bars. Sunsets are a big stinking deal in PV so that is a shame.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,226 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lights on the pier

The pier is like a Monet painting...doesn't look as bad from far away as it does up close.

It's twice as big as it really needed to be IMO. Sore thumb architecture, much like the Molino de Agua...looks out of place in this area as they dwarf everything around them. :-(

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lights on the pier

I've read (on other forums) that the lights are 'on' in the evenings when it's open to the public --- then they are turned 'off' when it's closed to the public (after 10pm?).

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lights on the pier

I don't believe all the lights are operating, the lights on the 'sail' and the footway lights are working the ones under the pier don't seem to be.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lights on the pier

We just spent 11 days there and we were near about 4 of those nights, weekends and weeknights and they were always on, but we weren't there after 10pm either. I don't like it, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Really seemed to draw alot of people in every night, but it is new, so could just be the novelty effect.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lights on the pier

Were the people it drew in sitting at the tables at the establishments on either side of the pier.....or were they mainly on the pier? I'm trying to figure out what my competition will be for my HH's at Langostino's in a few weeks lol.

Vernon, Canada
Level Contributor
983 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lights on the pier

I like it, we were able to watch them put on the finishing touches from our balcony over the holidays. It's big, but not stupid big, the lights look great at night. And the design is see through enough that it didn't really obstruct much view at all. I also like how they tied in the design of the side walks and malecon around town with the gangways, (is that the right word?) lol.

Embrace the change, PV has a ton of Charm, it's gonna take a lot more than a modern pier to strip any of that away.

canada
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lights on the pier

It is what it is. I personally like the new pier.

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lights on the pier

sunset pier

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphot…

source

https://www.facebook.com/puertovallarta