We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
California
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Zoo question

I am taking my 17 yo daughter to PV for a long weekend in Feb. We have 2pm reservations at the Ocean Grill in Boca de Tomatlan. We are staying in the Marina area & planned to bus it to town for shopping then on to the restaurant, but now may want to add the zoo. Is the zoo on the way to Boca or should we plan for 2 different days? Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoo question

Two days, you don't have enough time, even though the zoo is on the way in Mismaloya.

California
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoo question

I didn't think we could pull it off! Thank you.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoo question

If you plan to be at the zoo in the morning you have lots of time to continue on to boca and make it to your reservation by 2. Maybe do some shopping after your lunch ?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoo question

That's an option, if you leave really early, it opens at 8am, and leave shopping till later.

California
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoo question

Thank you. Not sure how early I can get a 17 year old out the door in the morning but will give it a try! Or as suggested, shopping after lunch.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoo question

Good point ! LOL

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zoo question

Does anybody know if there are any newborns at the zoo? We are going in the middle of February and are wondering what they have to hold. This will be our third trip to the zoo and every year they improve it. We really enjoy going there. Hoping to hold a baby tiger. Last year they were 3 months old and a little to aggressive for my liking.

Topeka, Kansas...
Level Contributor
196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zoo question

you want to hit the zoo early before the heat comes on. the animals will all go seek shade during the heat of day.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zoo question

I have been to the zoo three times now. We are bringing someone who has never been before. We are actually wondering what baby animals they have for holding. If anyone can help me out with this that would be appreciated.

winnipeg can
Level Contributor
134 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zoo question

Were there Jan 23,1 month old lion,too cute,,2 month old tiger,chained up,but still gentle(ish). And the monkeys. Zoo is much improved from just last year,have moved some critters around,nice painted murals,washrooms are new-super modern!! Was surprised. Still need bug spray for no-se-ums. Have been 3 times in 5 years,better every year.