We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Private Tours/Driver

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Hello! We are heading to PV on Monday for 10 days. We are considering hiring a driver to give us private tours. We want to check out the city, the mountains, and the Sayulita area. We are also interested in seeing a tequila factory/distillery. Does anyone have great recs for an affordable driver to hire for these types of trips or a private tour company? We are a family with two younger children (7 and 4). Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Check with Astrid at Superior Tours, info@superiortoursvallarta.com

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Thanks! Just sent her a message.

Granite City...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

VIP Class Tours and Services

Tel/Fax '(322) 222 9719' • info@vipclasstours.com

We go to PVR every year and we use this company ask for Luis Eguiarte He is awesome and very knowledgeable about the area. Very reasonably priced too.

Edmonton
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

How was the experience with superior BellaStella?, we are in the same boat, there for 10 days with 3 families... Golf ,visiting etc. so we are looking as well.

United States
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

http://cssfishing.com/

This is who we used in November. Jonathan is the most friendliest guy you will ever meet. He will listen to what you want to do and see and then help design a tour for you. We found him to be very reasonable. Such an honest and friendly guy. He took us to many places. San Sebastian, Mascota and Talpa. Also took us to the Orphanage and even Pitillal. Even set up a sailboat tour of Banderas Bay at Sunset time for us. We have recommended him to many of our friends.

I also suggest talking to several companies to see who fits your needs. And another idea would be that you could hire a taxi- I have heard of many people who hire them for the day and they are quite reasonable as well. One of our dentist friends hired a taxi to go to Sayulita for $100.00. He just negotiated a price with the driver. The taxi took them to Sayulita, waited for them all day long, and then drove back to PV.

Have fun.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

I ended up using someone else actually. Sorry I can't review Superior!

MICHIGAN
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Who did you use and would you recommend them?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

We ended up using Bob's Vallarta Tours and I would HIGHLY recommend him. He was knowledgeable, had a large van, we felt safe at all times, and he took us everywhere we wanted and more. I just sent him a message and let him know things we were interested in generally and he told me his suggestions and spent the whole day with us. If you want to use him, I would consider emailing him WAY ahead of time because he seems to book up fast. I emailed him a couple weeks before my 10 day trip and he was only free one of the days we were there. I was happy we got to spend that day with him!

http://bobsvallartatours.com/

He was professional and always responded promptly to email---even just yesterday I was going through pictures and wanted to know the name of a beach he took us to (I had forgotten it). We were there a month ago and he promptly responded and knew exactly what I was talking about. Bob was AWESOME---really, the greatest find of our trip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Strange his web site shows a photo from East Asia ?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
55 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Affordable Private Tours/Driver

Yeah...his website isn't much. Just a way to contact him.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta