We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

We are heading to PV as a family for the first time march 17-24! Hubby to be and I have been to GCP 3 times but would like to hear any tips, little known secrets, bewares, suggestions to make out trip amazing! Are there any incentives for return guests even though we've stayed only at GCP before?? Also which excursion is a better value/more fun: Los veranos or dolphin swim???? Kids are 8&9 and quite adventurous. We have Pipi's on our lists of must visit dining........kids love seafood......any other suggestions to that topic?? Thanks in advance for responding to a blanketed topic in this forum!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
24,378 posts
1. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

For my money, I probably wouldn't consider Pipi's as "must visit" dining. It's tex mex, it's loud, it's a tourist trap. And the food is okay but nothing to write home about other than portion size.

If the kids like seafood, there is seafood everywhere. I personally like Mariscos Polo, but for a fun family atmosphere you should also consider Mariscos Tino's in el centro, just off Parque Hidalgo. It's a big favourite of Mexican families for big dinners and celebrations, and the food is pretty good.

I am not a fan of captive dolphins, so I would choose Los Veranos. If the kids are adventurous they will love it. Plus there are animals for them to play with at the end of the tour (monkeys, etc.). It's the original zipline tour in PV and the best IMO. 16 lines and worth every penny, I've done it twice and the guides are fantastic.

In terms of general info, I'll point you to the right ------------->

The Top Questions section is loaded with tons of excellent information. (-:

Edited: 5:44 pm, January 21, 2013
Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

Thanks! We have never tried Marsiscos but have meant to many times. We are definitely leaning towards the zip line! Can't wait to get there

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

We have always stayed on the GCP side, 8 times, both excursions you mention is somethings kids would love so why not leave the decision up to them, I would look into the daytime pirate ship cruise, leaves out of the maritime terminal right next door to your resort, kids love it.

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

They have to pick one and having troubles agreeing/deciding but leaning towards zip lining. Any helpful hints during our stay there??

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
28,109 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

Mariscos just means 'seafood' it's not a restaurant name.

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

Pardon me, mariscos polo

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
8,608 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

we stayed at cpc with our son and he loved it. the free rooms service was always a hit. we also took him on the pirate ship tour, it was fun and next time we are taking him to the zoo!

8. Re: Crown Paradise in March/excursions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 25, 2014