We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuevo Vallarta June whether

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nuevo Vallarta June whether

My husband and I are going to Nuevo Vallarta from june 16-june 20. Although we are very excited concidering this is our first trip to Mexico, we are a bit skeptical about the rain situation. We do not want it to rain a whole lot and completely ruin our trip. I just want to know if anyone can give me some type of reassurance that we will be fine.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuevo Vallarta June whether

From my Web Site

"The climate in the high season - October-May - is warm 80° to 85° Fahrenheit, 27° to 29° Centigrade (65°F / 18°C at night). We may have 1 or 2 days when it might rain a little in that whole period.

After April and until about June or July it will become increasingly warmer, to about 90° F or 32° C, and more humid (80°F - 27°C at night). Around mid June the rains begin. In the rainy season the humidity will increase during the day until the rain comes.

Normally, and I repeat Normally, it will rain for about 2 hours - very heavy with thunder and lightning - in the late afternoon, in the evening or sometimes in the middle of the night. It hardly ever lasts long unless there is a weather system of the coast."

But since the climate has changed, we can't rely on the above, last year the rain started nearly a month late.

Edited: 4:15 pm, January 15, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,946 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuevo Vallarta June whether

COULD it rain all week and ruin your trip? Sure. Is it LIKELY to rain all week or even a whole lot? No. :) But there is never a guarantee.

We have been to Mexico several times in summer, usually in early August. We have never yet run into bad weather or even that much rain at all. Knock on wood.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nuevo Vallarta June whether

Thank you very much I hope we have good whether while we are there

4. Re: Nuevo Vallarta June whether

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 17, 2014