We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Topic
2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

The Port of Puerto Vallarta website is now updated with a link to the 2013 schedule.

It is in Adobe, and printable.

puertodevallarta.com.mx/Documentos/calendari…

Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

Gracias PVJennyBean. This is much easier to read than a previous posting.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

The other version was always meant as a temporary source as the website above had not updated.

I've been advised by one of the DE's they will add this thread to the Top Questions section later today.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

Thanks Jenn. I will have only 2 to deal with.

So Zaandam geta an overnight? Nice!

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
628 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

Gee, I only get to see ONE during a 2-week stay! I love watching them come and go, especially at night when they are all lit up like floating chandeliers. They really have cut the cruise schedules it seems.

New Cumberland
Level Contributor
745 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

Wow! Only 3 ships for the entire month of Feb. We remember when there would be 3 ships in a single day that time of year. The cruise ship industry is booming....and the West Coast of Mexico is losing out. I guess they are not reading this forum where everything is Rosey

Edited: 4:44 pm, January 10, 2013
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

The West Coast is for sure losing out as cruises are so popular, but Mazatlan has been hurt the most when it comes to cruising and Cabo is getting two stops now instead of one by quite a few cruise lines that are avoiding MZT.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

Just FYI, this thread has been posted to the Top Questions section in the cruise ship schedules link.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
233 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

I agree, sometimes there were 2 or 3 per day. No Disney cruises on this list, they used to come to PV. We would avoid the malecon area on busy cruise ship days. Not a worry this year.

Bethlehem, PA
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

I have a friend who lives full time in PV and the real factors are the crime in Mexico and the high port charges that PV is now charging cruise lines. PV is VERY safe and I walk alone at night often. The people are VERY friendly and they realize they need tourists to survive. Cancun and Mexico city i would avoid like the plague!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,779 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2013 PV Cruise Ship Schedule - Port of Puerto Vallarta

That's really not helpful. And not entirely accurate either...Mexico City hasn't had a travel advisory in a very long time, and it's not the "crime" issue that's keeping ships away, it's the economy. They're rerouting them to more profitable port routes in addition to new port regulations placed on California departures that cost more $$.

Please don't frighten people unnecessarily. The media already does that enough, we don't need to give them an assist.