We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
151 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis

What is the maximum number of people that can ride in one cab in PV? I know from the airport 3 is the maximum and wondered if that held true for the city cabs as well. There are four of us and hope we do not have to take two cabs (or a van) the entire stay. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

One in the front and three in the back will be crowded but will work. If you are just doing short trips around town it won't be bad. We do four in a taxi often with no problem.

The taxis at the airport have luggage to fit in too, and unless four of you are traveling really light, you would end up with luggage in the back or front seat limiting the room for passengers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

just returned home fron P V a family of 4 we needed a van from the airport because of our luggage but used a taxi the rest of the week when we would go to town or shopping or what ever the person in the front is o. k. the people in the back, have to suck it in a little lol ,good luck and have uni

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

We travel four to a taxi ....except from the airport, we need a van, due to luggage.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

There is usually four of us and we always take one taxi. No problem.

Pleasant Hill...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

We are a family of 4 adults and we always take a taxi or the bus. Even to and from the airport. Sometimes that requires some smaller bags on laps, but it works.

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis

Hahaha..... oh dear. We squeezed 6 into a taxi a few times. Two were children ages 11 and 9. They laid on our laps! It was the taxi drivers idea. Sometimes they sat between our parted legs. The kids weren't too happy about it but it worked for the short rides.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
607 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis

Deana- We were pulled over by the policia when we had more than four in the taxi. Did your cab driver(s) tell the children to "lay low"? LOL. You are fortunate your taxi wasn't stopped! If I'm not mistaken, the maximum allowed in city taxis is absolutely 4 and no more. Locals? This is the law, isn't it? Just curious.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis

Correct, it's the law, but like everything here, not always enforced.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis

Parrothead - when was that?

I ask because in 2010 we were 5 adults and every taxi agreed to take us. We paid extra or gave them a good tip. My son's girlfriend sat on his lap in the back, it was entertaining to bystanders to watch 4 us unwind ourselves from the back seat.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis

We just got back and I read the sign in the cab. Licenced for 4 passengers plus driver. We had an infant as well so we were always 3 adults and 2 kids and they never said anything