We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana Question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Fiesta Americana Question

I'm down to two hotels for my upcoming trip;

1)Fiesta Americana &

2)Sunset Plaza

Both hotels look great and are about the same price.

Which hotel has the better pool. I've read on some reviews that the Sunset Plaza pool gets very crowded early and if you don't get out to reserve a chair by 9:00 you might not find a chair later in the day. Sounds like the Fiesta Americana pool is larger and that the availability of chairs is not a problem.

I don't plan on participating in the all inclusive feature but plan on eating breakfast. I see that the Fiesta Americana has a breakfast buffet and the Sunset has the cook to order. Does anyone know how much the breakfast charge is at the Sunset?

My last question is the location of the 2. I'm a big Starbucks guy and I see that there is one located only 10 mins. walking from the Fiesta how about the Sunset?

Thanks for any replies.

Edited: 5:53 pm, January 06, 2013
So Cal
Level Contributor
7,842 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiesta Americana Question

It has been a while ago but when I have eaten at the FA breakfast buffet they did have an omelette bar and you could get items cooked to order. It wasn't all pre-made in steam trays.

There is a Starbucks at the Peninsula, north of FA. It s a 10 minute walk if you walk slow. :)

The beach s better at FA.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiesta Americana Question

Sunset Plaza Beach accommodations are brand new, much nicer, spacious and all with ocean front views; FA views are blocked from the palms on lower levels, accommodations smaller and a little dated. In addition to the main pool with swim up bar and lower level plunge pool SPB has an adults only pool as well as jacuzzi pools on the upper level; FA has a much nicer and bigger beach. With what you will pay at SPB for breakfast for 2 and if you have a couple of drinks at the hotel daily you would be smarter to go with the AI option OR being within waliking distance to the sorianna or mega supermarkets, take advantage of a minimal upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen (full refrig/freezer, stove top, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, pots/pans, dishes and utensils) we brought our own Starbucks coffee and had it daily without having to leave the room. You will definitely get more for your money at SPB all-inclusive or non, they also have a coinop laundry if needed.

Edited: 11:07 pm, January 06, 2013
3. Re: Fiesta Americana Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta