We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port Coquitlam, BC
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Wow... after a long couple of weeks, we are finally booked! We ended up going with Friendly, mainly because of the location, the fun, and the reviews and your suggestions. thank you all so much for taking the time to post suggestions and send me pm's. I'll keep reading and posting, until the big day, and then will of course, follow up with a trip report. If anyone is staying there, let me know, we can get together for a few drinks!

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Wow.. apparently I have 2 accounts set up... just for clarification.. Mexicolover and Neeters are the same person! LOL Anita

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Have a great trip! Hope you do a trip report when you get back home.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

ooohh! Have a great trip!! Im in Calgary and the owner of the Friendly stayed at our hotel and gave me some brochures and stuff like that super nice guy!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Wooohooo. Have a great trip Anita!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Hi Mexicolover/Neeters,

We are going to the Friendly Vallarta Jan 25-Feb 1 as well. Have been reading all the reviews and it sounds like a great place. Hopefully we can fine each other and get together for a drink . Counting down the days! See you there in 3 weeks!

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Hey Kozmo... it sounds like a really fun place! I know.. 3 weeks. Hope it flies by!

Beausejour, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

we are staying at the friendly also leaving on wednesday for one week back on the 16th so will definitely take notes and answer any questions for yous

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Lau42MB - thank you so much! Very much appreciated! I hope you have a great time and the resort is as great as the reviews say! I found out that Westjet charges $6.50 a beer on the flight! Couldn't believe it! Guess we'll be saving our drinking until we get in PV! Hope you have a great flight!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Have a wonderful time! Although, hope your these 3 weeks don't go too fast because that means the end of OUR trip :-( (sorry, just had to say that! lol)

Enjoy paradise!

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
199 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finally booked - Jan 26th to Feb 5th from YVR!!!!

Thanks Lakeside! I hope your time there goes by real slow! Questions... Do you or anyone else know .. Would there be room to bring a floatie in the pool and what area of the pool should we get loungers to get the most sun for the most time. Oh. Just thought of another question. They say to stay in the tower to avoid the loud lobby bar...what about the rooms closer to the ocean? They wouldn't be loud would they?

Edited: 12:16 am, January 06, 2013