We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Foods?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
432 reviews
Save Topic
Unique Foods?

What are some local unique foods to try in PV?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,475 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Unique Foods?

Great tip about Bay Vallarta.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Unique Foods?

Chiles en Nogada is hard to beat. They serve a great one at No Way Jose

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
746 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Unique Foods?

I love Elote from street cart. Roasted Poblano Elote was beyond good. WOW

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Unique Foods?

The only Chiles en Nogada i ever had was at No Way Jose - maybe Kansasgal hit a bad night because i thought the dish was really tasty - i remember reading that they have them at Andale's - it's a traditional dish served in September i believe (Mexican Independence Day??) & from what i've read, you can find more restaurants serving it around that holiday.

los angeles
Level Contributor
37 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Unique Foods?

For me the best of Vallarta is still a whole grilled fish "mojo de ajo" in a palapa shack on the beach (the ones with Corona plastic chairs) with my toes squishing in the sand watching the waves and maybe one of those glorious sunsets....or a mango with chili and lime on the beach???

Wish I was there now....

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Unique Foods?

Not really unique but tostadas de ceviche and marlin. Anything involving a whole snapper is regional and good. Aguachili ( spicy line marinated raw shrimp). Elote

37. Re: Unique Foods?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 07, 2014