We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

Traveling to Puerto Vallarta and wondered if taxi's are a safe way to get from airport to hotel? Are there any private car services anyone can recommend?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,452 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

Taxis are the best and most efficient way to get from the airport (PVR) to your hotel, wherever that might be.

Sometimes hotels and plans will set up a bus to take you to your hotel but it's never efficient. Always takes longer.

When I was at the airport on Saturday, there were 20 (no exaggeration ---- I counted them) tour buses lined up outside the airport, to take people to various hotels. Whoa. It surprised me.

You don't say where you are staying or when you are coming or whether your hotel has offered you a private transport but check out the taxi information in the Top Questions over to the right of this forum. That option is always the most efficient and easiest/quickest --- and, it is safe.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

Safety is NOT an issue in Puerto Vallarta, least of all in a taxi, a private car is unnecessary.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

There is absolutely no problem taking the taxi from the Airport to your resort. The majority of the people coming to PV take the taxi or a van. Safety is something not be be concerned with. I feel safer in PV than I do in my own town.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,661 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

Just grab a taxi, pay at the clearly marked booths located in the main lobby. Fares are regulated by zone. It couldn't be easier. Safety is not an issue.

suze

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

Absolutely agree taxis are safe and convenient.

Airport taxi service has regulated fares to all points.

Michael

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

How do you tip cab drivers?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,394 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

With money, like you would at home.

If you're asking how much or the etiquette, if you use the search engine at the top there was a recent thread on this.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,661 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

<How do you tip cab drivers?>

alicejcooper, It is not customary to tip cab drivers in Puerto Vallarta, unless they do an extra service. Like make a stop, or help you with lots of luggage.

suze

9. Re: Transpo from Airport to Hotel in PV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 29, 2013