We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Sayulita questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
norman, ok
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Sayulita questions

Know this is the PV board but want expert local advice.

How far is Sayulita from Nuevo Vallarta and what would be the recommended transportation choice if we want to spend a day there?

Would you recommend the trip?

Thanks for the help.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

I agree the buses in PV are great & really easy to use but i really don't trhink trying to go from NV to Sayulita for a first trip is a good idea. You are used to paying for taxi fares so pay the money & have a great, worry free day in Sayulita.

another time catch the bus from NV to WalMart then to PV downtown have a fun day & then find your way back. what's the worst that can happen? you might have to hail a cab.

once you learn how to use the bus & experience real PV you will reconsider staying out in NV.

WE DID.

norman, ok
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

Thanks for the replies. Would be willing to try the buses if we get brave enough. We are staying at Riu Vallarta. How far is this from the Mega? Is the Mega in NV. We really enjoy looking around the Mega in Cozumel.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
455 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

You don't have to be brave. It's completely simple. And yes,the drivers are very helpful.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

If it's your first time on the bus it might be wise to go to Wal-Mart & catch the Sayulita bus there. There's a gentleman there that directs people to the appropriate bus but they all have the names of the towns written on their front window.

The other thing you can do is go to Bucerias & cross the hwy & wait for the Sayulita bus. You'll have to flag it down though, so going to Wal-Mart might be your best bet.

Don't pay for a taxi as it can be pricey due to the distance but the buses are really cheap & actually fun to ride. We always take the bus when we're in the PV area. We stayed for a month in Sayulita in Feb. & have also visited for day trips often as well. You'll have a great day! Enjoy!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

The Compostela/Pacifico bus to Sayulita has a stop in Bucerias, not sure of the exact location, it in the middle of town on a lateral. You should get a taxi to the bus stop anyway, it would be a bit of a trek and the taxi driver will know where to take you in Bucerias.

United States
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

You absolutely do not have "flag down" the Sayulita bus at either Mega or any of the stops in Bucerias. There are several stops in town beginning with the one in front of Pie in the Sky and about 4-5 between there and centro. You don't need the guy at Walmart to direct you to a bus...It is clearly written on the windshield in large letters so I would definately not go backwards to then go past where I could have started from.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

Worth a day trip...I'd rent a car and come and go as you please. Also an amazing fruit stand with jack fruit just before you reach town. Coco Frios etc. Nice town to walk around and go for a swim. Good people watching. I've said before it's like New Hope PA or the east village, but on the water.

It's the first beach in Mexico where I saw non Mexicans hocking stuff on the beach.

carrot river sk
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

The Riu Vallarta is quite a long walk to Mega, we stay in NV and absolutely love catching the bus. We can walk to Mega but I would suggest you cab it to Mega for around 85 pesos and get out there and go directly to the Bus stop. Get on the bus that has Sayulita in the window. There you ,are done, sit back and enjoy the ride. The last return bus leaves Sayulita at around 8 pm I believe. We get off for a nightcap in Bucerias and then cab it home so no walking in the dark required. Hope you have a wonderful time and do not let the busses intimidate you they are a blast!!

Liz

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,067 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

Mexico has an incredible Mass Transit bus system, you can go anywhere in Mexico via bus cheaply and easily...so have no fear..

20. Re: Quick Sayulita questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 29, 2013