We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

Those of you who have used Eva/Pierre before, I am wondering what the terms of your contract/payment were. We are having them do family photos for us. There is no contract, no deposit etc. Just an email chain. It makes me a little nervous.

They are asking for cash payment. Obviously at least some have had a great experience with them, is this safe to do? I mean we won't expect a product until well after we leave Mexico. When I worked in weddings here in the US, there was always a deposit followed by payment in full when the photos were completed/presented. I am just concerned that with a foreign country, having operated in cash, I have no option but to write it off as a loss if they never deliver the photos.

Your $0.02, even if it is reassuring me of their outstanding track record and reputation, is much appreciated.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

Not sure if it is cause for concern or not, they do things differently in Mexico. Sometimes no deposit means they will blow you off if they get a better offer so just be careful!! But if you are looking for a reputable photographer, check out www.MACMEXPHOTOGRAPHY.com

The owner is Dan Dimov. Dan is shooting our vow renewal next year in PV.

He does require a contract with a 50% deposit to reserve the date, with payment in full expected when he meets with you prior to the shoot. Check out his web site and determine if he is the right choice for you. Tell him Karen C. sent you and he will take good care of you!! Best of luck!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

Eva did our wedding in 2010, she was amazing. Completely trustworthy. Eva and Pierre did a family photoshoot for us last year and we paid cash up front. Received an email with links to pics within two days I would say. We got the wedding pics 24 hours later! But she is more established and busier now so her timing may have changed. Go for it!

Denver
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

Eva's brother Toms photographed our wedding in 2010 also, and he was awesome. I found them through an ad I had posted on Craigslist about 2-3 weeks before the wedding, corresponded with Eva, paid them on Paypal the full amount (they asked for the deposit the day before and full payment on the day of, but I decided to just pay upfront since I was a busy bride LOL), and Toms had the photos on a disc the next day. Eva already had travel plans so could not photograph my wedding, but everything worked out perfectly. I think their turnaround rate at the time it was 3-5 days but they are very busy these days, and I only wanted digital copies. The makeup artist (Mari Trini I think was her name) she recommended was awesome, too.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

One of my clients used them for an amazing photo spread of the Eco-Resort and I have had a couple friends use them with no issues- in fact they highly recommend them.

In case you have not seen this, they just did a photo shoot of Eva Longoria when she was here a few weeks ago.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

Just wanted to report back in case anyone had similar concerns prior to their trip/booking with Photoshoots Vallarta.

Our trip down south was a debacle. Due to snowstorms, flight cancellations and missed flights, our scheduled photography time had to change at the last minute. As I was panicking, Pierre sure seemed totally calm and to take the changes in stride. They were fantastic about working with us to get rescheduled. Great customer service.

Eva was our photographer and is awesome. Laid back personality. Happy to provide her own opinions/ideas, but not in a high-intensity way. We did some photos at the house with a larger group. She found several fun settings to keep the images interesting. Then a smaller group of us peeled off with her and went into PV for some "authentically PV" images.

Lots of fun. We ran out of energy before she did. While in town, she gave us pointers and info about the local landmarks--essentially a photographing tour guide.

I got the images back the day we got back to the states. If I edit down further than she did, it was a fantastic set of images. She and Pierre really gave us more than they needed to. But that just gives me more options to photoshop (take the open eyes from image A and put it in image B in place of the closed eyes) to make the perfect framing image.

In the end, I'd say that the services Photoshop Vallarta provides are a tremendous value when compared to wedding photography in the US. Eva was kind and easy going, a very pleasant person to be around. And it doesn't hurt that she's amazingly talented. With the larger groups, a bit more direction might have helped. But I know her style is more photojournalistic--we just didn't have much of a process to document...more group shots.

I'd give them two thumbs up to anyone else looking to book a photographer when visiting and let them know to book and pay with confidence.

6. Re: Photoshoots Vallarta - Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 10, 2014