We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shop then have dinner or

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
429 reviews
Save Topic
Shop then have dinner or

Have dinner then shop around the Malacon? We will be in PV for a very limited amount of time. Should we going shopping first then have dinner or the reverse?

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,654 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shop then have dinner or

As far as shopping and where to do it, it really helps if we knew what you are shopping FOR.

Are we talking typical souveniers, high-end jewelry, women's clothing, pottery, glass, household decor, etc. etc.?????

Where to shop depends (obviously) on what you're looking for :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,179 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Shop then have dinner or

Plus there aren't as many restaurants along Badillo as there used to be.

So what are you shopping for, plus what kind of dining are you looking for? Generic questions = generic non-specific answers.

There's also a ton of this information in the Top Questions section on the right.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shop then have dinner or

I am shopping for women clothing. The type of restaurant I looking for has diverse menu not just Mexican. In the middle price range. Great view. Easy reach of public transport.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,179 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Shop then have dinner or

There aren't a lot of Mexican restaurants in PV. So I would suggest simply taking a stroll around and reading menus - they're always posted outside dining establishments. Pick one that appeals to you.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shop then have dinner or

Thanks for your reply.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,654 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shop then have dinner or

None of the restaurants along Badillo have views. For that you'll need to pick a place along the Malecon, down on the beach, or somewhere up on a hill. Most of the mid-priced places scattered around downtown don't have 'great views'.

suze

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Shop then have dinner or

What sort of clothing? There is a shop on Constitucion (not sure of the cross streets) called La Bohemio - i got some nice gauzy lightweight pants & tunics there that i've worn in the summer at home -

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Shop then have dinner or

Whatever floats your boat...I always shop first so I can enjoy eating and drinking without worrying about stores closing etc...either way enjoy shopping and eating...some unique shops located on south side....

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Shop then have dinner or

La Bohemio is about 3 doors north of Basilio Badillo

20. Re: Shop then have dinner or

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta