We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steak!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
510 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Steak!!!

OMG

best steak ever (and we are from Alberta!)

ASADOR

LA VACA ARGENTINA

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steak!!!

And where is that? What cut of meat was it? I am not familiar with asador being a cut of meat, mmore like a style, like cooked on a spit.

Edited: 10:53 pm, November 28, 2012
Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steak!!!

I believe she is talking about the Asador La Vaca Argentina Restaurant.

Near Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steak!!!

The bison filet at Teatro Limon now holds the top spot on my all-time great steak list. Absolutely amazing!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steak!!!

Asador really means 'grilled'

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steak!!!

Cortoredondo, I'll have to try that. I like bison and can't wait to see what Bruce does with it.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steak!!!

Could be carne asada? So happy to hear that you had a great beef experience being from Alberta (we love Alberta beef!)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,031 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Steak!!!

The only information I can find on this place is from FourSquare, indicating it's on Basilio Badillo. Must be new. Looks like a branch location of the one in Guadalajara, perhaps.

It would be great if the OP could come back and give us some detail though, since there is absolutely nothing on this place anywhere on the web. Prices, what they ate, hours, an address...anything?

8. Re: Steak!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:16 am, February 13, 2013
wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steak!!!

LA VACA ARGENTINA, Maybe this is the new restaurant on the corner of Basillo Badillo and Insurgentes where Wings Army used to be. Walked by a few times earlier in the month and it looked like they were ready to open.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,031 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Steak!!!

Maybe someone in town now or soon can spot a menu and post details...

Lots of places using Sterling Silver in Canada now, including a few of the top steakhouse chains and independents in Alberta. It's a pretty good quality product, I've yet to have a complaint about any of their cuts. If the Mexican is half as good as the Albertan cuts they should be pretty great.