We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
walnut creek
Level Contributor
446 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

Tried El Rio BBQ late this afternoon thanks to some recommendations from some of you. What a great place! Great ribs, tons of good food at very inexpensive prices. That had two good musicians playing between

4-6 in an amazing natural mountain amphitheater on a beach they have created next to the river. Very unusual, very cool!

Langley BC
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

Ted and Spot, we'll be there too :) There are also a number pf people from Lindo Mar that like El Rio...we should rent a van cab.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,459 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

Some of the folks joining us for lunch at El Rio arrived in a taxi van, he gave us his cell number and came back to pick up 10 of us.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

good contact :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

JR,

If I take the Paso Ancho #4 bus to the restaurant, can you hike up the river from there, and if so, how far can you go? I understand this is an old dirt road, and would like to get a 2 - 3 hour hike in if possible. Where do you catch the #4 bus in Old Town?

Thanks

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

What time on Fridays is a good time to go?

walnut creek
Level Contributor
446 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

I believe the musicians start around 4pm on Fridays. You can see the

schedule on the El Rio BBQ website.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

You can hike up the river on the road, now surfaced with stone and cement, all the way to El Cuale, the source of the river and a long, long way up. But there's another nice spot about 2K further up from Paso Ancho called Moro Paradíso, excellent food and a lovely setting beside the river. There's map on my site.

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

Yes, music goes from 4-6 PM. I'd get there by 3 or so to snag a good table. Things clear out almost immediately after they're done and the bugs take the stage.

Catch the 04 on Cardenas anywhere east (inland) of I. Vallarta. Ask the driver if he goes to Paso Ancho. Not all 04's do. Tell him restaurante El Rio and he should remember to stop.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

Thanks for the info. I think I will pay the 60 peso for a cab there just to get my bearings then I will bus back

30. Re: El Rio BBQ in Paso Ancho-Great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 21, 2014