We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

What type of beer is available at either hotel, and do they have bottled corona?

Is there premium Alcohol included like DonHolio Tequila

How are the alacarte's at either hotel.

Any help would be apreciated

Thanks

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,901 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

Maybe someone else can offer comparison on beers... we mostly drank Indio Dark beer at GCP and top shelf liquor; Friendly I think was Tecate not Corona and standard bar pour.

Friendly is mostly buffet with one ala carte restaurant with a beach snack bar also available at lunch. GCP has much better food and more ala carte dining options... Mexican, Italian & Gourmet, patio grill, poolside snack bar and beach bar serves continental breakfast, sandwiches and snacks at lunch and sushi evenings; plus you have access to restaurants and facilities next door at the Crown Paradise Club, all day buffet, snack bar and 3 more ala cartes Italian, Japanese & French-adults only.

Both offer standard accommodations, GCP has a suite upgrade that includes a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, etc., Friedlys room are a litte bit more updated. Standard accommodations at either hotel offer no refrig.

GCP is adults only, much bigger beach area with more loungers and cabanas with an adults only pool next door at CPC; Friendly is not adults onlyl but has an adults only pool, smaller beach and not as many chairs at the beach or pool.

If a gym and spa are important, Friendly has a much bigger gym and spa with mens and womens locker area; GCP has a small and crowded workout room and the spa is next door at CPC.

Edited: 10:39 am, November 08, 2012
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

Thanks for the info, Did you notice a GCP if they did serve bottles of Corona?

And how for from town is either

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

I have never seen a resort yet that serves beer in a bottle to you, they just wouldn't want that bottle getting broke around the pool and glass all over. You are about a ten min. cab ride to town. The Golden crown does have it's own spa as does their sister resort next door. I am pretty sure that the GCP has sol on tap and the CPC has Pacifico. I did see Don Julio tequila at the GCP.

Edited: 11:50 am, November 08, 2012
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

As stated, I too have never seen bottle beer served at a resort for the reason staed. That being said, it is not draft beer. It comes in liter bottles and is poured in plastic cups. If you are a beer drinker, I would suggest bringing a hard plastic mug. About 3 years ago, they were trying to put in draft beer but our next vist, it was gone. Said they had problems with the refrigeration.

NIce massage place right across from GCP which is much cheaper than the GCP.

Lots of top shelf liquor at GCP and beer is Sol and Indio. Next door at the Crown, I have seen Corina and Pacifico.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,901 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

You'll get much more for your money at GCP and it's adults-only!

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

Senor Bobo, we just came back from the Golden in September and they now have beer on tap at the breeze bar in case you haven't been there lately, I found it better than pouring out of a bottle, it was mucho colder than before.

Tacoma,Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

theres a grocery store right behind gcp a 2 min walk where you can buy bottle corona.

Vancouver,BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

GCP serves Sol from larger bottles, at their bars, I have not a seen beer on tap there.

They have a great selection of premium alcohol. Don Julio Blanco for sure, Crown Royal, Jim Bean , Absolute, you just have to ask. Smaller Bottled beers are served in the Ala Carte Restaurants and the Nitro Club has a few choices of bottled beer, This is all included in the price. I really like this resort, it is smaller, so it is easier to meet people. It is older and in need of a facelift, but the staff are what keep me coming back. Read the reviews, it is adult only also,

Good Lick

Vancouver,BC
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

Sorry for the Typo....I mean't good Luck...Have Fun

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't decide either Friendly's or Golden Crown.

It is a bit strange how they don't serve beer in bottles in PVR resorts around the pools but they do in Mazatlan where they will give you a bucket of beers with ice, at least at Costa De Oro, which was awesome. Stayed at GCP last December and will again this December...just wish it was closer to downtown.