We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

This topic was discussed last in 2010, perhaps it has evolved lately. Spain and Itay are catholic countries and nude sunbathing is everywhere.

I read that north of sayulita beach is a stretch which is secluded enough.

Who has more information on a beach closer to PV or clothing optional resorts please?

Thank you.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,486 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

"There are no topless people at Blue Chairs I've ever seen, and I've spent a lot of time at that end of the beach in the past 14 years."

.... no topless "people" at the Blue Chairs ... I'd say most, if not all of the people there are topless!! :-)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

LOL ~ I was thinking the same thing, John.

And as far as I know there's no ban against wearing speedos, although they might quickly implement a law if Teduardo showed up on the beach sporting one :-O

carrot river sk
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
63. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

PVJenny I merely wanted people to know that there was an alternative ie: then tan through bathingsuit. I am sorry if I upset you by posting to this thread. But it was the most recent.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Fire Island NY, Haulover Miami FL

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

petaigangirl ,,You don't need to apologize to PVjenny for posting to this thread. You have just as much a right to state you opinion on this thread as anyone.

"Funman"

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

I have a funny (to me at least) Cancun memory of 2 sweet young things slipping their tops off as they were walking past some young fellows playing volleyball. The young fellows started chanting "put it on". A bit rude, but you had to be there to appreciate the humour.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

It is strange that this subject gets so emotional.

Beeing nudist has nothing upsetting, dirty or what so ever.

It is more a sign of a healthy approach to your body.

Slippery insinuation is not well placed in this threat.

This happens more in the thoughts of the commentators.

I was just looking for a SECLUDED beach with NO onlookers.

Most nudist will readily agree to respect cultural differences.

So why don't you just stick to neutral information and refrain from perosnal opinion?

and I do agree, overweight people drinking alcohol and eating at all times of the day in sleeveless T's, flips flops aching under 200lbs and bulging bellys can, as frequently seen in PV, can be insulting to locals.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
455 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Wow, where did we meet?

<--- Thats me.

And BTW...

"So why don't you just stick to neutral information and refrain from perosnal opinion?

and I do agree, overweight people drinking alcohol and eating at all times of the day in sleeveless T's, flips flops aching under 200lbs and bulging bellys can, as frequently seen in PV, can be insulting to locals."

You see what you did there, right?

Edited: 2:14 pm, January 15, 2013
SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

"flips flops aching under 200lbs"

Dang...glad I lost weight, I wonder what the heck they think about folks over 200lbs :-O

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Nude beach in Puerto Vallarta

Even though in theory nudity is illegal in most cases. There are nude beaches an resorts in Mexico.. The most famous nude beach is Zipolite Iin Oaxca\. A long beautiful beach with two coves where is mostly frequented by backpackers.. No fancy hotels or spas, but shacks and cabins. Inexpensive lodging in nearby Puerto Angel. Zipolite is located 10 minutes from Puerto Angel (a nice little bay) and a half an hour from Puerto Escondido in the north and an hour from Huatulco in the South . Another nude beach is in a small island in Ixtapa in front of the MELIA AZUL HOTEL. CANCUN AND THE RIVERA MAYA have many hotels and beaches that are for adults only where anything goes. Many hotels and beaches that have topless and nude beaches also in Cozumel. There are many other nude beaches if you ask the locals regardless of the official rules.