We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

I see that the tours offer discounts online (i.e., 15% off for Vallarta Adventures); can you get the same discounted price at the Marina in their offices? I'd prefer the flexibility of picking a date after we arrive in PV.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

That is quite likely, suggest you e-mail them direct with your question.

info@vallarta-adventures.com

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

JR-took your advice & IM-ed Vallarta tours. Price quoted was the list price in dollars or pesos as on the Internet; no discount offered.

Thanks for the input.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

Did you contact Vallarta Tours or Vallarta Adventures? The latter is the actual tour operator, VT just sells tickets.

To take advantage of. VA's online discouts you can book online when you get to Puerto Vallarta, there is WiFi and.cyber cafes all around town.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

JR books tours, lives in Puerto Vallarta so he knows what he is talking about.

He can be reached by telephone anytime !! And he is super reliable.

http://vallartainfo.com/tours.html

"Funman"

Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

Best to book at a kiosk, vacation plans have a tendacy to change once you arrive. You can also purchase tours from the beach vendors hassle free, often cheeper, and end up making a new friend in the process!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

I honestly feel booking directly with the tour operator or a reliable 'licensed' seller over a kiosk that may be a front for timeshare sharks or a beach vendor (and before I get dissed, we probably know far more vendors by name and vice versa than most visitors to PV) will guarantee you more protection should you have a change of plans. JMHO

Edited: 5:26 pm, October 20, 2012
Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

AS a regular poster said in a previous thread, print out the online price and then you know what you shouldn't pay more than and it gives you a place to start dealing We never do the time share presentations since they are not my thing, but like to not plan in advance. Also, if you feel more comfortabel, book it online down there a day or so before so you have a good idea about weather, how you're feeling, etc.

8. Re: Pricing of tours -- On-site vs. internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 22, 2013