We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

My husband and I are planning to take a trip to Puerto Vallarta coming Dec. I am not able to decide where to stay - zone hotelera, zone playa or El cento.

We would like to stay walkable distance to shops, restaurants, night life, street festivals (street shows), any Xmas festivals and would prefer to stay in a hotel with a beach view. Mountain view on the other side will be a plus, but not necessary.

Please suggest me area which will make best stay for us.

Thank you.

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

Check out the Buenaventura, within easy walking distance of town, and close to everything.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

"mid-budget"

It would help to know ballpark what you consider mid-budget since that varies person to person. What some would consider mid priced can be expensive to others.

I would start with the Los Arcos hotels, they are reasonable and have great location.

http://www.playalosarcos.com/

http://www.arcossuites.com/

http://www.casadonasusana.com/

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

I would suggest Buenaventura, Hola Friendly Vallarta or Holiday Inn (if this is the mid budget you are thinking of) and these can be all inclusive if that's what you are thinking. The Buenaventura can be done on EP as well (I believe the HI can be done that way as well). These are in the hotel zone.

Good luck:)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,512 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

The OP asked for "We would like to stay walkable distance to shops, restaurants, night life"

Unless one is an athlete the Friendly Vallarta or Holiday Inn or anything located in the hotel zone do not even come close to being walking distance to what they want to see and do.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

Thought they might like the fun atmosphere of the resorts mentioned. Just a different opinion and since busses are so readily available, getting around isn't an issue.

Just giving the OP some options.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

Thanks all. I would be okay to spend $200-250/day for the hotel

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

"Thanks all. I would be okay to spend $200-250/day for the hotel"

... and that's to be "all-inclusive" ??

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

From what you asked "stay walkable distance to shops, restaurants, night life, street festivals (street shows), any Xmas festivals and would prefer to stay in a hotel with a beach view. Mountain view on the other side will be a plus, but not necessary."

Doesn't sound like you want All Inclusive if you want to get out and walk the town and see the night life and street festivals.

The Tower at the Tropicana is on the beach and you can see the mountains also. Some rooms you can see both mountains and beach from. It is located on Los Muertos beach with a lot of activity and located in Old Town with tons of stuff to do. Lots of beach bars and resturaunts and quaint streets to walk right out the front door. Very close to the Malecon where the festivities are. Short walk.

Less money than what you are perpared to pay also.

"Funman"

Edited: 7:08 pm, October 17, 2012
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

I am still considering if i should go for incluive or a regular resort :-(

If all inclusive -i can go 350-400

Usually we prefer to eat out at diff places. I would like to roam around n be able to walk to places

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,742 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay for most fun but in mid budget??

Check out PLA on the beach and close to everything.