We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta Romantic Resort Recommendations Anyone?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta Romantic Resort Recommendations Anyone?

Last year, my wife and I vacationed at the Fiesta Americana Grand in Los Cabos in the month of November. We loved the atmosphere, perfect weather and the romantic nature of the resort and the region. We would like to try Puerto Vallarta and find a comparable resort.

We looked at the Grand Velas and looked great but I think it is a little too expensive for 6 nights. However, we are not looking for a cheap resort. We would love to find a place with 5 star quality, oceanfront balconies, beautiful grounds, beautiful water and clean.

All inclusive is not important, as we love to go into town to dine.

We have looked at literature in print and on line and a few places that have caught our eye have been the Villa Premiere, Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Marriott Casa Magna, Westin and the Vallarta Palace.

We plan to return to Pacific Coast Mexico in November. Any information, or recommendations would be sincerely appreciated regarding Puerto Vallarta resorts or other destinations.

Louisiana Runner

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta Romantic Resort Recommendations Anyone?

We've stayed at the Villa Premiere and the Marriott. The one thing that sets the Premiere apart from the others is that it is adults only, and a small deluxe boutique hotel. Its location is also a plus as it is walking distance to downtown PV, the south side and all the great restaurants and shops. There is an all inclusive option but, like yourselves, we prefer to dine out so we did not take the AI. However, the food at the Premiere is very good. The beach in that area is a bit rocky, and the water is not the crystal clear of the Caribbean, but it did not detract from people enjoying it.

The Marriott is also a lovely hotel. We especially enjoyed the pool area and the grounds are beautiful. You are near the marina with many shops and good restaurants, but also an easy bus or taxi ride from town to experience the flavor of Puerto Vallarta.

Hope this helps a little. I'm sure others will add helpful comments. :-)