We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico: the Royal Tour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico: the Royal Tour

Caught a great PBS story on Mexico. Here is a link to a small segment on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nhlnrT384

Mexico is so much more than just the small segments that make the 5 o'clock news. It is truly a beautiful country rich with history and culture.

!Se divirtieran!

Calgary
Level Contributor
372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico: the Royal Tour

Great sampler. When is the actual program airing? The teaser reminded me of going to see the Monarch butterflies at El Rosario(one of the natural wonders of the world), of visiting the ruins of Xochicalco(near Cuernavaca) and Uxmal(between Merida & Campeche). I realize the voladores of Papatlan was filmed in Puerto Vallarta not Paptlan, Veracruz. It did appear that the ziplining was the Veranos tour in Puerto Vallarta. Was there any other Puerto Vallarta references?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico: the Royal Tour

This is part of a series of Royal Tours by Peter Greenberg. I downloaded it last year. It´s all on YouTube, in 4 parts. Here´s Part I, I think. If the link doesn´t workt, go to You Tube and search for "Greenberg Royal Tour Mexico".

Very enjoyable.

www.youtube.com/watch…

PS, the Puerto Vallarta segment included the Paplanta Flyers on the Malecon and a visit to Los Veranos Canopy tour by Greenberg, Calderon and his 3 children.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico: the Royal Tour

Tepalover, if you catch the whole PBS documentary, it specifically reflects the zip-lining in PV and the name. Pres. Calderon & his children also enjoy the zip-lining with Peter Greenberg, which provides a breath of fresh air to almost all of the 5 o'clock news stories about (any where in) Mexico. It truly is a refreshing respite.

Personally I have been to Chitzen Itza a couple of times, but did not know about the echo of the 2 quick claps sounding like the call of the Quetzal bird, which is native to Northern Guatemala and the Yucatan. You do this when in the large open area before the great pyramid (which you used to be able to climb). Also I did not know about climbing it like a serpent vs. straight up (with the help of the chain down the center).

For those with an interest in Mexico, other than just PV, I wold highly recommend buying the DVD or watching it on YouTube, if the entire program is available online. There really is so much more to Mexico than 5 o'clock news stories.....

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,271 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico: the Royal Tour

I downloaded the 4 episodes and can watch as one DVD (free You Tube downloader). I agree that the scenery is spectacular, and overall, a fun and informative show.

5. Re: Mexico: the Royal Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta