We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Crown Paradise Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Crown Paradise Resort

I just booked it for the last week of June & first week of July.

Any tips about the hotel or location? Booked a regular standard room with 1 king bed, with the AI.

Thanks,

Jennifer

PS We have been to PVR in Jan and stayed at Dreams....

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

Golden Crown is great! Been going twice a year since 2003 and going back for 7th time June 4 to 16. It's located about 2 blocks south of where the cruise ships come in. Less than 15 minutes to town. $4 US by cab and 50 pesos by bus. 3 restaurants (all ala carte) with pool, beach and lobby bars. You can use the sister resort next door (Golden Crown Club)(this is for families but they can not come to the Golden) with its 3 ala carte restaurants plus a buffet which is open for breakfast (great hand to order omelets), lunch and dinner. It also has 3 bars plus a very large jacuzzi with a swim up bar which is adults only. Nice long stretch of beach. Pool is not huge but plenty for the size of the hotel.

Any specific questions, just add a line to this posting. ENJOY!

near edmonton
Level Contributor
263 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

good choice darling cant go wrong very good location

have you looked it up in trip advisor archives? lots of info from others already posted.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

If you enjoyed PV I know you will enjoy the Golden Crown Paradise.I will be there May 3rd for my 4th visit. I always book the ocean view rooms. On my last visit I was lucky and got upgraded to on ocean front room at no extra cost. I wouldn't pay the extra for the upgrade but it was nice going to sleep and waking up with the ocean sounding so close. The rooms (not counting the suites) are all pretty much the same. For the ocean view rooms I always try to get 4th floor or higher. It seems to help with the noise factor somewhat. Unless you go to bed at sunset or sleep real late the noise isn't that much problem though. Make sure you try the pork tacos at the snack bar and the mahi mahi sandwich at The Breeze Bar. Don't forget the Sexy Coffee either. It's neat to watch it prepared even if you don't like the taste. The food is excellent and as Senorbobo said, try the restaurants next door, expecially the buffet. It's a great buffet. The service has always been excellent also so enjoy!

Southern California
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

Do they have a bar or nightclub type place at GCP?

At night I like to have some drinks and go dancing... :)

Last time we went we would drink at Dreams bar, but it was really dead so we would take a cab and go down to the Malecon.

We will go out to the Malecon again at night, but I was just wondering if there was any nighttime partying at GCP resort.

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Malecon
Malecon
565 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

There is a club that is shared by the GCP and its sister resort the Crown Paradise Club, formerly called The Factory Club, it has recently been renamed Club Nitro. Hotel guests have free entrance and drinks, until 3 a.m I believe. There are nightly shows put on there from 9:30-10:30 by the activity staff from both hotels, and then at 11:00 it turns into a nightclub. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Crown Paradise Club...
1,998 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Crown Paradise Resort

In addition to the club across the street, the staff goes to town each night to a different club. Cost is usually between $6 and $10 US and includes cab into town and one or two drinks. There leave after the show around 11 PM.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta