We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Fare

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Fare

When up today to 7.5 pesos !

:(

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Fare

i feel bad for the people needing the buses for work

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Fare

The students in Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta have demonstrated against the increase and, rumor has it, won ! meant to revert to 6.5p within 24hrs.

We'll see :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Fare

Just a question, because I have not stayed on the south side before, but how much can we expect to pay from Playas Gemales to Basillo Badillo or Los Muertos ( 2 adults and 3 kids, 10, 7 and 1) I would assume the baby would be free.

Just curious as I would imagine we will be going to town most days:)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Fare

The bus to town from Gemelas is 7 pesos right now, yes, baby is free, it will stop at Constitución and B. Badillo.

BTW that 24hrs is, of course, Mexican time, might be a couple of days, so right now it's 7.5p in town.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Fare

No problem. I just usually like to have the correct change so Im not digging and the drive isn't looking at me like i'm crazy. So excited to be doing this kind of trip:)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Fare

Hope the proposed rate increase is reduced. I could csre less about what tourists think, the buses are there for the locals to get to/from work, not for the convenience of tourists. to get around.

Many locasl workers have to take more than one bus to get to/from work, and there are are no 'transfers', each bus, requires a fuil fare.

maried11 ... it may not be a problem for you .... but for the people that live, work there, and have to depend on this transportation, it 'is'.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Fare

Unlike Edmonton, in Mexico the bus drivers make change. (Must be a safe place, eh?)

So you can give them a 10 peso coin or a 20 peso note, and you'll get your change and tiny receipt with a minimum of fuss.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,935 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Fare

Johnny2bc,

I saw nothing in married1's post that warranted your response to her. She was asking the fare so she could have the correct change and nothing more.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,814 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Fare

Thanks for the update JR. Here's hoping they reduce for the sake of the locals.

I didn't take married's post that way either. I think the driver's and passengers do appreciate the person who is ready to board. It is painful to watch a tourist trying to sort through their change while everyone watches. It makes me wince LOL.

A receipt was mentioned above, but just to note .....they aren't given on the south buses that run from town past Gemelas to Boca, so no concern when you don't get one.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Fare

While the driver will make small change (I wouldn't try to break a big bill on a bus) it's a lot easier if you have exact change to hand him.

I didn't take maried's "no problem" to mean anything like that either.

suze