We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

Does anyone know if there are any of Hacienda San Sebastián's tequilas sold in Puerto Vallarta?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

Don't know of a Hacienda San Sebastián, there's a Hacienda Jalisco, but they don't make tequila there.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

Ah Ha, Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, that's actually outside of San Sebastian, near El Nogalito, don't believe it's products are available in PV.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

Thanks JR, I was hoping to find some in May when I will be in PV ( without going all the way back to the distillery, which I wouldn't do).

I wonder where they sell their tequilas, because it was a very isolated spot near San Sebastián del Oeste where they make it. Although their production level is limited, they must have an outlet (?), unless all their sales go to visitors to their distillery.

NL
Level Contributor
827 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

You probably mean the small distillery on the way to San Sebastian, which makes great Tequila.

Yyou can try to contact Superiortours Vallarta and see if one of their guides could pickup the Tequila you want. They offer tours to San Sebastian with stop at that distillery.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

We visited Hacienda Jalisco, a museum and B&B, after the distillery. The caretaker/guy in charge told us John Huston used to fly in...took 15 minutes instead of a 2+ hour car ride.

BTW, when we were in PV in January, I went up to Cafe Roma and asked if JR was there...but was told you weren't at the time. Next time.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

Yes I've flown up, this was before the new road and bridge. The idea of asking Astrid to pick up a bottle is good, best if you re=pay her at her office in Plaza Romy.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

JR, Is Astrid with Superiortours Vallarta as mentioned by inved 3 posts up from this one?

Also, do they still use planes to get to Hacienda Jalisco? I think I remember seeing a wind sock near the road. Looks like a cool place to stay (the caretaker was expecting some folks that day to use the upstairs B&B).

One more question: When that bus from a Carnival cruise was robbed, was that on the way to the Vallarta Adventures zipline area up in the Sierra Madres?

Thanks.

Edited: 11:39 am, March 17, 2012
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
82 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

They don have a family store near las juantas...

Let me find out where for you

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,808 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

TravelerToo - Astrid owns Superior Tours. Drop her an email about your situation or go visit her directly, I'm sure she can figure out a way to assist as they regularly do tours to SS.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hacienda San Sebastián Distillery, San Sebastián del Oeste

The distillery is owned by Tony, I believe his brother had the Don Crispin distillery at Las Juntas, but it's closed now.

No. the robbery was at another Nogalito, south of PV on the way to Mismaloya.