We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
minneapolis
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Just wanted to begin a thread re: the changes at the Krystal Hotel and what it means to the people who are time share owners there. Krystal has sold off quite a bit of land to Hilton Hotel and a lot of the pool area has changed. Any thoughts as to what may happen in 2013????

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

I´m not a Timeshare owner, but, as a full-time condo owner, we did meet with the acting general manager (who is the Controller) this past Thursday, and the new General Manager will be starting this coming week: February 15th.

The truth is no one knows what will happen except that I truly believe the current round of changes (the Hilton) are for the better. I absolutely LOVE the new pool arrangement.

(They actually did not sell the land to the Hilton. It is some kind of arrangement between the owner of the Krystal and Hilton).

I´m not sure if you are aware, but the second floor of the 4 story oceanfront tower is now Timeshare I hear. That could be great for anyone who used to love the oceanfront units.

Minneapolis
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Hi Libby Traveler B Manders sent me some pictures of the changes and I must admit they do look nice. He indicated that the oceanview timeshare rooms are now on the 4th floor of the beach tower. These rooms have been converted into 2 bedroom units for this purpose. I agree the timeshare folks should be much happier with these rooms. One problem to note is that the beach area in front of the beach tower is shaded until around midday by the Peninsula Condos. The pictures I have seen show all the small beach palapas have been relocated to this area of the beach away from the beach in front of the old pool. That area now has a concrete apron with loungers and umbrellas. Looking more like March now for our 2nd trip of the season. Can't wait to see the changes in person. One last thing. None of the usual travel sites or the hotel website for that matter are showing an option of rooms in the beach tower. Only listings are Standard and Family rooms in the Aqueduct section.

New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

My wife and I have owned a few units from 1991 and we think the changes are very bad. Even more important the upkeep is not taking place of what is left. We are at the Krystal PV right now and we have bugs, mold and half the equipment in the unit is not working. They are selling off our investment and not even maintaining what is left. I will try to get some owners together to see what we can do. You can contact me at etomas@tritech-international.com and see what we can do if we all get together.

Tehachapi...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

I am a Krystal timeshare owner in Puerto Vallarta and cannot seem to email anyone there successfully. Have they changed their email addresses without telling owners? What is going on there? Is there anyway to contact them by email? Thanks, Cathy

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Hi Cathy: I don´t have the answer for you at this time, but I will find out.

We have a private condo within the Krystal (full ownership) and I promise I will get the answer you are looking for. Sorry for this inconvenience

Libby

Tehachapi...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Thank you so much. Cathy

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

We know several timeshare owners at the Krystal and honestly they are not very happy.

The only person on this forum that can give you the real story is Libby.

Michael

Minnesota
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

I am also interested in getting an email for Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share--I am an owner also.

Thanks

For your help.

Rick Kraft

Petaluma, California
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Hi everyone. We are also timeshare owners at the Krystal Vallarta and are very confused about what has happened with our timeshare. Can anyone help?

Petaluma, California
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Vallarta Krystal Hotel time share owners

Hi Libby,

Were you able to find out anything about the timeshares?

Thank you,

Brenda