We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boca de tomatlan by bus ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
boca de tomatlan by bus ?

we would like to go to boca de tomatlan. thinking of taking the bus.

we are staying at holiday inn. what is the best way, by bus from there? cost, time of travel etc. ? also will it have a sign in front windows like city buses?

J R
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

Take any city bus to the south side of town, then make your way to the corner of Basilio Badillo and Insurgentes, the bus to Boca will stop there, most are now painted white, with a reddish brown stripe (on my map of the south side they are green, as they were before repainting) it will have Boca de Tomatlan and/or Mismaloya on the front.

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

The empty Boca buses line up on Constitucion at Basilio Badillo and are easy to catch there. We referred to them as the orange bus. It's 7 pesos to ride. There is a little cutoff in Boca where you'll get out. You catch the bus back at the same place.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

It is better to wait at the corner of Basilio Bodillo and Insurgentes, at the stop light as not all the buses lining up on Constitucion will be departing any time soon- some drivers take a break or go eat tacos and some buses drop off and then take off and head to Boca or Mismaloya right away.

If you wait at the corner by the Farmacia, you know the bus stopping there is actually going on his route...

I only say this because I often see people trying to climb on a bus at Constitucion and then have to get off because the driver told them in rapid Spanish that he was not leaving or staying there on a break and then the people look totally confused on what to do next :)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,640 posts
272 reviews
4. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

We always catch the Boca/Mismaloya bus on Basilio Badillo .. at the SW corner with Constitucion ..

Shown in this map as "bus southbound" ... it's always worked well for us.

http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
5. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

thank you all for your help.

do we pay the bus driver or do we need to purchase tickets elswhere?

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

You pay the driver, and hang on, because he doesn' t waste time hitting the gas.

Mismaloya, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

And don't worry, the bus will not go over the cliff! The busride to Boca is always one of my favorite parts of my trip. Sit on the ocean side if you love the view, sit on the other side if you're afraid of heights.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,640 posts
272 reviews
8. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

A big second to azul28's suggestion -- going 'down' the view's great from sitting on the right side of the bus. Then sit on the left side coming back, if you want a little more of the same!!

I believe it's 121 (+/-) stairs down from the bus stop on the highway to the village (my Jean likes to count stairs!!) .. it's a fun walk down, but a little more effort coming back!! But that number of stairs can be avoided, if needed or desired, by walking up to the highway from a little farther down within the village.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
115 posts
9. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

thanks, all.

how long of a ride form p.v to boca de tamatlan?

how late is the last bus back?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,640 posts
272 reviews
10. Re: boca de tomatlan by bus ?

It's normally a bus trip of about 30-35 minutes from Vallarta's south side to Boca .. but with the highway construction that's currently on-the-go, you might count on that time being extended somewhat.

(edit to add .. can't answer your second question)

Edited: 6:32 pm, February 12, 2012