We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun resort for adults all inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Summerland B C
Level Contributor
309 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fun resort for adults all inclusive

I like a resort with fun activities or just watching the animation team.The resort does not have to be adults only.Thanks for any help:))

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

I am a 50 something single male and have been to Puerto Vallarta and the Golden Crown Paradise 11 times in the last 7 years. I think it is an excellent adults only all inclusive.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,472 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

Time of year you're going? Budget? How long are you going? Will you be going off-resort or not? Is wider availability of a la carte and name brand liquor important or not? Does it have to be beachfront? Do you have to have a balcony?

All key questions before we can point you in a direction - all inclusives run the gamut in PV because it's not the only game in town when it comes to eating/drinking, so you get a huge variety of costs and star levels.

Help us, help you.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

Golden Crown has 3 ala cartes (unlimited use) plus use of 2 ala cartes next door per week plus a buffet next door. Two beach bars, lobby and pool bar. Top shelf liquor. All rooms are ocen view with some ocean front. All rooms have a ballcony. Right on the beach with many covered cabanas. Ten minutes from downtown.

Edited: 6:00 pm, February 07, 2012
Summerland B C
Level Contributor
309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

I plan on going Jan 2013 for 2 weeks, I'm 47 and my mom 70 we want to be close to town.We want to walk around town.I plan on taking the tour Vallarta eats.I like to party at the pool and eat good food We are both fun loving people .So cheap cab to town GCP is probable as far from town as we would like to be :)) So I have been looking at Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa , Friendly Vallarta Resort ,Golden Crown Paradise Resort and Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Thanks for your help

Summerland B C
Level Contributor
309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

I forgot we want soft beds we both have sensitive hips:))

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

Ill second Golden Crown Paradise, and from a recent post I read they've replaced some if not all of the mattresses, 40s+ crowd here so also a good fit... fun lobby bar, beach bar and sports bar next door at Crown Paradise Club; we were most impressed by the food (we've stayed at more expensive all-inclusives and the food wasn't as good), great Italian, Gourmet and Mexican/American Grill and "3" more next door at the CPC (Italian, Japanese and French adults-only) plus an all day buffet; not to mention a huge beach.

Regarding the other hotels your considering... Buenaventura Grand Hotel and Spa: the closest to town and walking distance, much smaller beach but nice pool areas and lively pool side bar most evenings, not the best food, mostly buffet, ala carte lunch and 1 ala carte dinner at the hotels Brazilian restaurant with a weeks stay and 1 ala carte dinner next door at the Villa Premiere; Friendly Vallarta Resort: not to far from GDP, also nice beach, mostly buffet and 1 ala carte with reservations; Canto Del Sol Plaza (hotel not time share units) recently renovated, nicest accommodations of all your considering, flat screen TVs, mini fridge, coffee pot, microwave and walk-in tiled showers, small beach, small balconys, closer to town than GCP but not walking distance, good food, all day buffet and great ala carte restaurant, menu varies nightly Mexican or Italian, lively lobby bar early evening before people head out into town. Also worth considering depending on your budget... the Villa Premiere is adult-only and has an all-inclusive option, food at the restaurants here is comparable to fine dining in town and top shelf liquor, sister resort and next door to the Buenaventura its also walking distance to town.

Mentioned in this post
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
Crown Paradise Club...
2,008 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

If you don't need a resorty-resort, I'd look at the Buenaventura and Hotel Playa Los Arcos. I don't think they have "amination teams" thought, but both are nice AI resorts right IN town so walking distance to everything. I think that'd be nice for you and your Mom, so you aren't tied to the resort or to each other.

For a resort-resort GCP has a lot of fans and regular returning guests, I know from reading this forum or years.

suze

Johnsburg, IL
Level Contributor
685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

And to add to Suze, 2 very nice reviews were just posted for the Golden Crown where we will be returning for the 8th time.

My opinion only, we love GCP b/c of the small size (easy to get to know people and easy to get around) and the outstanding staff they have that are long time employees, great food, and we have a great time every time! The price is very fair and allows you to still go out to town and try the great food there is! And the entertainment in town is great! All in all, GCP is a very good value. The cab to town it short and cheap. The bus is even better!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
433 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

Try stepping outside the box! That's what we are doing this vacation. I suggest Riu Palace Pacifico, in Nuevo Vallarta. It's a short cab ride (15 ) minutes from the airport. The resort is beautiful, reasonably priced, food is good and there are lots of fun peeps and things to do. You will be a very short cab ride from Bucerias with a flea market, fun bars, great food and different scenery. If you want to show Mom the town you can experience a water taxi out of Paradise Marina (What a fun ride!) to Old Town or take a taxi for dinner. We usually stay at Riu Pacifico, and go out a few nights to PV and Bucerias. We, on the other hand, are stepping outside the box by staying in town this time! I can't wait. It will be a different experience from the other times we've stayed in Nuevo and Marina areas. It can be fun to try new places!

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
10. Re: Fun resort for adults all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 07, 2013