We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Taco stands, authentic Mexican food and the works! We're ready to explore and would love your top picks.

Planning to go into town tomorrow so any responses ASAP would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

V-

p.s. I know it may be a long shot, but we're dying for some lobster - any thoughts?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,202 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

vivi,

If you are in Puerto Vallarta now (which it seems you are, by your first post), "the world is your oyster or lobster." Being there, you can probably find more than we could suggest.

My suggestions for taco stands are up Calle Honduras, in 5 de diciembre, as that's where I stay. On a good night, there are 10 of them very active.

Welcome to the forum, on your first post. I usually do shrimp when in PV so can't help you out on lobster (never had lobster in PV) but good luck and have a great time. For authentic food, per your question, I usually wander around to little places in 5 de diciembre y Versalles colonia. Non-touristy places.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Google "puerto vallarta street food"

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,886 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Lobster in PV will either be those little spiny ones or else frozen flown in from somewhere, it's nothing local. I stick with shrimp and fresh fish grilled myself.

If I were coming into town for a meal, I'd head to B. Badillo/Olas Altas on the south-side and look around. There's many interesting restaurants in a couple block area there... el Mole de Jovita, Joe Jacks Fish Shack, el Bacalao, Cafe de Olla, Cafe Bohemio, Coco's Kitchen, several taco shops or street stands, d'Mikes hot dogs, to name a few. These are nice local restaurants with some amazing food, may or may not be as 'authentic' as you are seeking.

suze

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
248 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Not downtown.. But a friend of ours had amazing lobster at Tony's in Mismaloya. Casa Melissa's is downtown and had really good seafood.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,548 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Some favourites of ours in the city's south side:

- for Mexican:

Cenaduria Celia (Lazaro Cardenas 506 - pozoles, enchilada's, and much more!!), Tony's Please (Lazaro Cardenas 440 - try the plates, they're great!!).

- for fish/seafood:

Mariscos Polo's (Francisco Madero 376 - fish, shrimp, any way you want it!!), Tony's Please (try the shrimp crepes!!), El Buen Gusto (Francisca Rodriguez 157 - inexpensive, good fare).

Cheers!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

just a heads up in regards to lobster!

local lobster is now more expensive than ever try like 680 pesos a kilo to the owners of the restaurants!!

funny, in the states you can buy them as cheap as hot dogs by the pound!!

there are a few places for lobster but right now i would not eat the local ones because it is rainy season! think of all of the extra goodies you get

imported lobster can be bought frozen or in the tanks from soriana grocery store in playa del oro in fornt of the GCP

they usually are in pretty bad shape!!

happy lobster hunting

Bruce

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Sweet! Appreciate your tips and excited to try 'em out (and maybe not the lobster). Thank you for your help!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,577 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

Here's a good start:

http://vallartainfo.com/restaurants.html

vallartainfo.com/…bar

http://vallartainfo.com/streetfood.html

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k29718…

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

I always have a half kilo of lobster at Oscar's on the Isla Cule and thoroughly enjoy it no matter what time of year I have been there. We also love Rocco's Tacos near the Buenaventura.

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Places to Eat in Downtown Puerto Vallarta (any lobster)?

I've had great lobster at Langostino's, at Mariscos Tino's and Mariscos Polo's.