We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Marina restaurants

We'll be in PV March 22, staying near the Marina, and looking for good, reasonably priced restaurants.....suggestions.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina restaurants

You'll get several reasonably priced suggestions, but I still have to recommend Porto Bello, an excellent Italian restaurant. It's just a bit more higher priced than "reasonable" :-) but well worth it. And have a few sunset drinks at El Faro, the lighthouse before dinner.

And you won't be that far via bus or cab from downtown with a gazillion more choices.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina restaurants

Go to vallartainfo.com and click on Puerto Vallarta restaurants. JR gives you a listing of a lot of places to eat with the kinds of food they serve and approximate cost.

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina restaurants

For good food at reasonable prices it has to be Victor's Cafe de Cuba!!!

minneapolis
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina restaurants

Another good Italian restaurant--and reasonably priced--is La Terrazza di Italia. It has a small bar that is right on the pier, overlooking the marina. We enjoyed breakfast and lunch there.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina restaurants

The Marina sounds like a great place on the water. I am sure there are some excellent waterside restaurants where one can get an authentic greasy spoon breakfast. Any suggestions?

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina restaurants

JohnD,

I don't know about greasy spoons - but they say Mr. Cream's is excellent for breakfast - I haven't been, but from what I understand, it is kind of like an IHOP.

Canuck

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina restaurants

Sorry for the Mr. Cream lovers....did not like that place at all...breakfast is my husbands favorite meal of the day and he couldn't even eat his meal. Did we hit them on a bad day? But then again, we don't have luck at any of the Marina restaurants!

kelowna
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina restaurants

Is there any good Mexican restarants in the Marina. I hope so since we are in Mexico. We are also there at the end of March.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Marina restaurants

tdbc - we are also going to stay in the Marina area. We are also looking for a great Mexican restaurant. From my research - for Mexican in the Marina - there is Fajita Banana's - supposedly has very good fajitas. Victor's is supposed to have Mexican and most people rave about Victor's, although there are a few that don't like it. Now, remember, I have never been, this is just what I have read. I also thought I read about a restaurant in the Marina called Tacos 'N Beer but I haven't heard anyone talk about it for awhile, so I am not sure. Sorry couldn't be of more help!

Canuck

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marina restaurants

The best restaurants will be found downtown or in oldtown. I guess I am spoiled with those restaurants and then when I come back to the Marina area, I just can't find any Mexican restaurants that I like...sorry! I do know a lot of people that like Victors but I have been to so many better Mexican restaurants...thus the reason I can't recommend this place.