We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insects in March

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Birchrunville, PA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
insects in March

Is it necessary to bring insect repellant along for our vacation in March?

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: insects in March

A little skin so soft or Deep woods off with deet is not necessary but a good idea just in case!

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,723 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: insects in March

I have never had a problem with insects in PV (but I stay right in downtown, it might be different if you are trecking in the jungle or staying in a beach hut somewhere).

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: insects in March

If you plan on taking any tours that involve going into the jungle you should have some repellant of some sort.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: insects in March

I have only very seldomly-used 'any' amount of insect repellant during our stays in Vallarta. But my lady-friend does seem to get "pestered" whenever/wherever we stay, and often has to resort to using a little when we go out to dine in the evenings, and at bedtime.

Dining at beach-side restaurants, and especially so at tables 'on the beach' (i.e., right on the sand) can (at least for some people) lead to bites on the ankles and legs. A little 'protection' can go a long way to helping those who tend to be affected.

For the most part though, it's not a big deal 'within' the city.