We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macelon on a Sunday

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Macelon on a Sunday

Hi!

I had heard that the Macelon is supposed to be the place to go on Sunday, is this true? Whats all going on?

Its my birthday that day and we will be in PV so thought we might check it out!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

On Sunday evening, local families are strolling the malecon, there is entertainment - on the street and more formally such as the open stage at the Arches - and all kinds of vendors. It is just a wonderful evening for people-watching, and to soak up the local color, culture, sights and sounds of the area. And near so many wonderful restaurants so have a great birthday dinner! :-)

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

Thanks for the info!

sandwich,IL
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

Where about is the Macelon? We are staying at the Melia. How far away? Have read many good things and would like all the info I can get. Would the younger ones 16,19,21 enjoy this also?

Buffalo
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

The only Sunday we will be in PV will be Easter Sunday. Will there still be activity on the Malecon? Is there anything special that happens in town to celebrate?

Iowa
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

Easter is a HUGE holiday for the mexicans. They all come to the beaches and camp out. You won't see as many tourist that time of year. We were there a couple of years ago at that time. The malecon is a great place to go though on Easter. The locals make sand castles of holy figures. They're huge. Really something to see. Take pictures.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

One of my favourites is the Voladores de Pepantla. Google Voladores. They're there every Sunday (maybe Saturday too) from 8:00-10:00 pm. I never tire of them. Just a note, Sunday evenings are very busy. If you're going for a birthday dinner or anything, try to make a reservation or you'll have to sit and wait for a table.

Houston, TX USA
Level Contributor
46 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

My boyfriend and I just got back from PV on Monday. Sunday night we headed down to Malecon and hit Club 69, Mogambo and Zoo. It wasn't as crowded overall as the Thursday before but still pretty good. I recommend Zoo if you like to dance! Hilo was okay but it gets too hot but has bar dancing (a al Coyote Ugly). Happy Birthday!

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Macelon on a Sunday

Thanks for the info!