We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Palapa and Sunsets

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
La Palapa and Sunsets

Hi,

I was curious what time the sun sets in Puerto Vallarta? Also, is La Palapa a good place to see the sunset? Are there other restaurants that are better for seeing the sunset and being romantic?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Palapa and Sunsets

I have yet to experience La Palapa, but there are many beachside bars and restaurants where you can view the sunset. You will get the idea from many posts that La Palapa is one of the most romantic.

Some of the more spectacular views are from higher up, and one of my favorite places is Barcelona Tapas. If you are talking dinner, this is an excellent choice.

Evanston Illinois
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Palapa and Sunsets

What La Palapa has going is that it is directly on the beach with a beautiful unobstructed view. You can also request a table on the sand. Personally, I have never had a bad experience here. It is a beautiful restaurant with good food. The food has an asian touch.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,356 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Palapa and Sunsets

You don't say what time of year you will be in PV...sunset time varies depending on the season. In the 6pm range in the winter months, 8-9pm in the summer, 6-7 in the fall usually (average times given based on my trips).

That being said, if it's just a great view of the sunset you're after, there are plenty of places around to view.

I have to toss in another recommendation for Barcelona Tapas for romance and sunset viewing. And the food is excellent. I would recommend a reservation.