We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Puerto Vallarta

Hi!

Anyone been to the Melia lately? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta

google melia puerto vallarta to see their website.

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta

Thanks I will!

Chicago
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta

Just got back on Jan 2. We had a wonderful time. Wonderful people, good food, great pool. Lots of fun. We are a family of 8 who are kind of difficult to please. I think we all had a good time. Here are some things to watch out for: most cell phones don't work. Someone mentioned you could have a chip installed in one to make it work. Don't know about that. Making credit card calls can be difficult if the person you're calling has any kind of block on telemarketer calls. I have a sick mom, so it was frustrating trying to reach her every day. Take plenty of dollar bills for tips. Gets you great service at the pool if you start with a tip at the beginning of your day. If you have kids, pack some pool toys. There aren't a lot of blow-up toys to rent so we had some whining. Also, you get a pool towel card and each day you have to turn your towels in to get your card back or they charge $50 per towel. Wait until the end of the day, when the towel bin is filled up and "pretend" to pile your towels on it, and then go to the window and say you turned in your towels and give them your room number. You'll get your card back, and then you'll have towels for the next day, when you'll want to get out to the pool at about 7:30 a.m. to claim some chairs for the day with your towels. that way, if someone steals your towels/chairs, you won't get charged $50.You'll still be ticked but you won't be out any cash. You can turn your towels in in the middle of the day for clean towels. Seems like quite a few people have figured out the "towel shuffle." Have a great time! Go to the beach and buy string bracelets from Mario. He is the greatest!

Lethbridge, Alberta
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for the info!

I plan on doing the towel thing.