We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canopy tours - purchase a video or not?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new jersey
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
canopy tours - purchase a video or not?

My family and I are heading down to PV this weekend and are staying for a week. I have heard that Los Veranos is the best out of all the canopy tours. Buth then again others say that the tour guides are not as helpful as the El Eden tour. Which one would you reccommend? I also hear that some people cannot get across and have to shimmy across sometimes. Is it easy to do or do you have to have a lot of upper body strength? Finally, should we purchase a video or are they a waste of money? I thought it would be neat to look back on?

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Diana's Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
671 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canopy tours - purchase a video or not?

I highly recommend getting the video. Whenever we travel, we always get the videos, photos (if they turn out good), etc. It seems like a rip-off, but you'll enjoy it for years to come.

Los Veranos is the biggest, highest, most famous, and most crowded. El Eden is smaller, but still fun. It's family-run which gives it a nice touch, and is on the set of the Schwarzenegger film, Predator which is kind of unique. Both have spendy but lovely jungle restaurants.

It's up to you which type of setting appeals to you more.

Upper body strength isn't really necessary. You normally will only run into this if you slow yourself down too much right at the end of the run, so you just have to shimmy far enough the guide can grab you and pull you in - it's downhill, so you won't get stuck out in the middle or anything.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canopy tours - purchase a video or not?

we just did the Veranos tour last week. The guides were wonderful. Very helpful and hilarious! There were a few people that stopped short at the end - mostly a little kid who didn't weigh much so didn't get up a lot of spped, and the people who didn't do what they were told (keep your legs together and tucked like a connonball) so they lost speed at the end. It was only 10 or 20 feet. You just had to pull yourself and one woman wouoldn't do it and one of the guides went after her and pulled her in so she didn't have to do anything. We bought our video and it is great. The tour was amazing! It was the most fun we had our whole 2 week trip. We almost paid to do it again.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor