We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in August

My fiance and I are getting married next August 19th and are thinking about Puerto Vallerta as a honeymoon spot. I've looked online, and it seems that August is the hottest and rainiest month of the year! Anyone have any experience/advice they'd be willing to share?

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in August

Hi Deslauren -- its a tough one. We own a little romantic B&B called Casa Obelisco just north of Vallarta and host lots and lots of honeymooners and other romantically inclined guests-- but we just don't take reservations in August and Sept. Experience tells us its too hot, too rainy, too buggy, too humid for people to really love it like they do the other 10 months of the year. Consequently, we spend October and November hosting honeymooners who delayed their vacation. Most tell us they are glad it worked out that way - it gave them time after the big day to relax, get some semblance of order in their life and then really relax.

If that isn't what you want to do, and you just love Mexico, why not choose a non-coastal town? Inland Mexico is high up in the mountains (its where we go in August) and the temperature is cooler and there are many beautiful places to visit.

Check out San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Patzcuoro -- just for starters.

Or, if you really are dreaming of a beach vacation -- how about San Diego -- the most moderate temperature place in North America.

Hope thishelps

Barbara