We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron and construction

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron and construction

I would appreciate hearing from someone who has just returned from the RD. How is the construction going? Did they say when they expect to be finished. Travel agents are saying by the middle of December. I would like to hear from the site.

Thanks in advance

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

I second that please. If anyone has current photos of the ongoing construction, it would be greatly appreciated.

WHITBY
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

I "third" that request please!!!,, I'm sure we are going to have a great holiday,, but it would be nice to know that all of the construction was over before we got there,,, Jan 20th,,,

Toronto
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

What I'm wondering is...will the RD assign some of us going in December to the new building, Block 6? If so, will it be TOTALLY finished (landscaping and all)???

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

You can e-mail the resort ahead of time to inquire.

We didn't have any problems and we were in block 2 (across the street). We never heard or saw the construction going on (even when we visited the adults pool across the street).

Toronto
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

MJo: Are you posting a review of your stay at the RD on this site? What were you across the road from -- the construction?

Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

MJo

Do you have an email address for the RD. I will email them.

Thanks

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

I posted my review dated Nov. 5. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions. I had my pics developed, but haven't had a chance to upload them yet. As soon as I do, I'd be happy to send them to you.

The e-mail for the Royal Decameron is guestservice@decameron.com.mx and the concierge is Luciano Chavarin.

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

Sorry! Itchyft, I was across from the construction in block 2. The blocks near the adult pool are street-side. Across the street, it's beach-side.

lombard IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

i just returned home yesterday Nov 21 and I will tell you NO the construction will not be done in dec. That was the only construction going on at the resort. When you go dont be in block 5. We talked to lots of people in other block and they had no problems. We where in block five and up at 7 each morning because of you. You will be fine just stay away from block 5

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron and construction

Joansmile, who are you blaming because you were in block 5?

I didn't understand your comment.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta