We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canto del Sol - rollcall for Nov. 26-Dec. 3

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alberta
7 posts
Save Topic
Canto del Sol - rollcall for Nov. 26-Dec. 3

I am going to be staying at the Canto del Sol from Nov. 26-December 3 and am getting really excited! We were rescheduled from the Riviera Maya and less than 2 weeks to go the countdown begins.

Just wondering about any fellow tripadvisor travellers who may be staying at Canto for the same 7-day stretch?...

Looking forward to morning coffee by the pool and afternoon drinks in the sun, and evenings dancing up a storm and heading into town.

Cheers all!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Canto del Sol - rollcall for Nov. 26-Dec. 3

Hola CalgaryGal!

Were staying at the Buenaventura same time frame we too were rerouted to PV from Cancun but now am more excited to go to PV! What time do you get into PV? We arrive at 3:30 AM but thats ok I hear the sunrise is spectacular!! Planned on any tours yet?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canto del Sol - rollcall for Nov. 26-Dec. 3

The sun rises in the east behind the Sierra Madre Mountains so it is a gradual lighting up for the first half hour, like someone turning up a dimmer switch. It is the sunsets over the water that are amazing.

Alberta
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canto del Sol - rollcall for Nov. 26-Dec. 3

Hola Aramat! Well at least it all worked out and I'm sure your stay at Buenaventura and ours at Canto will be great for sure.

I believe we arrive about 1:30 in the afternoon, which is good to make the most of the first night in P.V.! I'm saving up for that, and hope that it's cold here at home when we're there. No chinooks!