We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

Need Help. My husband and I (in our 40's) but still very young at heart are looking for an "all inclusive" hotel to stay at in Puerto Vallarta. We will be travelling in February 2006 - no confirmed dates. We would like to have a hotel that has activities and a lot of fun during the day around the pool. We would like to be in walking distance of the shops.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

illinois, USA
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

what's you price range?.......have 5 star down to 1 stars...do you want all inclusive....PV has great restaurants....we personally don't like all-inclusive......would love to help and advise...need more info....

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

The Melia is a good option in the marina area. It's walking distance to great shops and restaurants in the marina area, and it's about 3 miles form downtown via taxi. It's on a very nice beach with plenty of activities.

Another option in the hotel zone is the Crown Paradise.

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

Sorry...should have given that information... Would like to have all inclusive with a rating of 4 or 5. Price range per person is about $1200-$1500.00 for 7 nights. Hope that helps. Definitely want to be near some shopping....night life....

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

Hi: In my opinion, the best shops and nightlife are downtown, but they just don't have hotels with activities there really because people who want to be close to the downtown area want to be out and about exploring around and eating out in the all the gourmet restaurants so they wouldn't use the activities. The luxury hotels in downtown Vallarta are boutique hotels which have lovely rooms and, perhaps, breakfast but no activities (Example Hacienda San Angel). Even the Villa Premiere doesn't have activities.

If you want a compromise I'd suggest you look at the Marina area as has been suggested. The Marriott, the Westin, the Melia. You can still walk to some shops and restaurants (in the Marina), but you'll have to take a cab or bus to the centre of shopping and restaurants. But it's only about 15 to 30 minutes.

You can also look at the Hotel Zone and see if anything appeals. These are a long walking distance to the shops.

Good luck.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

Golden Crown Paradise (adults only - 220 rooms - no buffets). Very friendly staff with lots of daily activities. Has 3 ala carte restaurants and you can use the restaurants (limited) and facilities next dooe at the Crown Paradise Club. It's by the marina where the cruise ships come in so there are some shops near by. Less then 15 minutes to town (taxi is $4 US or bus is 45 cents US. Just got back, check my review.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

How about Dreams! I stayed there when it was the Camino Real. It is private, yet close to town. The grounds were very nice and the beach was top notch.

However, I must suggest that you go out to dinner in town nightly. The town on PV is charming and there are many excellent mexican and fine dining options.

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

Thank you for the information thus far....I will continue to research our trip. Because we only take 1 trip a year (my husband and I), little ones at home.....I want to make sure that we are getting the best for our week there! Still open for suggestions!

Regards!

Lethbridge...
Level Contributor
480 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Vallarta Hotel????

The Bueneventura was rated a 4 star when we looked although closer to 3 1/2. It had a very nice pool area with a lot of activities during the day; Bingo, aerobics, volleyball, games (ie: name that tune, etc). Walking distance to shopping (5 minutes to the Malecon) and all the bars are very close to walk to. Food was better than most resorts.

Only negative we found was there was no activity in the evening as far as shows, etc. but that was because you are close to the bars, etc.