We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Hola Everyone,

We are booked to go to Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV in 2 weeks. It was recommended by the TA (originally booked to go to Cancun, but changed to PV last mintue). How's everyone think about this resort?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Hey TorontoBoys - I frequently post to this topic, so try the search engine. I'll also be there in a couple of weeks (actually even less!). I've stayed at this hotel for a dozen years so if that tells you anything . . .

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I love to talk about my favorite place! Cheers!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Thanks a lot...Yes, we do want to hear more about your experience in PV, like which snorkelling tour to go, where to do shopping, where to see gorgeous people etc. I am very excited about the trip, it is our first time to PV.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

PV Parrothead: Read your message re Buenaventura Hotel. We are returning for our 15th visit to PV but our first visit to the Buenaventura. Any recommendations for rooms or ones to stay away from? Do people get up early and reserve chairs around the pool or one the beach? Thanks. CdnEvilWoman

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Boys - I'd take a day trip to the Marietas Islands to snorkel. It's a bit of a sail out there on a catamaran but one of the best places to snorkel in PV. I believe the place we went with was Vallarta Adventures and we were very happy. Since it's a catamaran, it's a smaller crowd and not a huge "booze cruise". Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course! Booze on the way back but not there. The Marietas are a small group of unihabited islands that are actually a nature preserve. Almost as good as you can get as far as snorkeling goes in PV. Where to do shopping is subjective. What are you shopping for? Lots of people in enjoy the flea market but it's high pressure. I haven't been in awhile but that's because I have just about all the PV tchotckes I can handle. There are a ton of great little shops down there if the pressure to bargain gets on your nerves. Fair prices. Most things wonderful are found on the southside. Hmmm, gorgeous people. I'm afraid you'll miss me by a few days (according to one of your other posts). Just kidding, of course. I'll have to defer. While I enjoy kicking it up, I don't proclaim to be a disco queen. I'm not into the seen and be seen thing. To me, anywhere in PV is a place to be seen as fun is what you make it. I am sure you will fall in love as most people do!

Candian Evil Woman - some get up early and reserve chairs around the pool but it's not high season yet. If you're going any time soon, I wouldn't worry too much unless you're real particular about getting a certain spot every day. I'd say the little palapas on the beach get reserved before the beach chairs. My favorite rooms are those located on the south end of the hotel . . . closest to the bar. Ask for a courtyard view and you will be able to people watch and catch the ocean. Watching the sunset right off the bar is my favorite thing to do. Where do you usually stay while in PV? Are you going any time soon? Make sure to say hello to Benny, Celso, Juan, and Arturro! The staff at the Buenaventura will blow you away. Treat them nice and you'll never be forgotten.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Thanks for your reply PV Parrothead. We are not going until mid February 2006. We've been to PV several times but are changing hotels. Usually go to the Crown Paradise Club. I assume courtyard means ground floor? Are there public washrooms that can be used instead of going back to your room? When we booked we asked for a ground floor room near ocean and with a view of pool - good spot? Any good stores or eating spots close to the hotel? How far is it actually from the Malecon?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Hi Cdnevilwoman~

Will be at the Buenaventura Nov 26-Dec4 will let you know how our stay is as we had been directed there from cancun. Thank you SO much PVparrothead for the restaurant guide, will use it! has anyone been on the 'Pirates of the bay' Tour? or something similar? Will definately go on the Marieta's Island tour to snorkel....have read nothing but good stuff on that! Thank you so much for the input! Cant wait to relax on the beach!!!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Thank you , PVParrothead. So we should tip well, and politely ask for upper floor room with courtyard view facing south? We have been directed to this hotel from Cancun too. I've read a lot of messages here, and it seems to me that the beach is quite rocky. Well, we are not picky people, we just want to enjoy a warm vacation.

And for CDNEVILWOMAN, we will update you when we come back on Nov 25.

Appreciated!

Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

We stayed at the Buenaventura in May of 2005. We had a great time although it was low season by then. The hotel is not a 5 star but it's clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We would definitely book there again. Have fun!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

TorontoBoys - I'm about to confuse you here. The south end of the hotel's rooms face north on one side of the hall and south on the other. However, you'll see when you get there that all have somewhat of a view of the ocean to the west except for the ground floor rooms on the south side. Hard to explain but as I said, you'll see what I mean when you get there. Dare I say the hotel is almost U-shaped? The east side of the hotel is too noisy in my opinion as it is street side. The north "wing" is just too far from the bar for my liking. Not too bad either but maybe I'm just a creature of habit. I'd go with the upper floor room if that's what you'd like but a courtyard view on the south end of the hotel will get you facing north up the hotel strip and west towards the ocean. A room on the south end of the hotel facing south and west will get you a view going towards the Malecon and ocean (west). Complicated enough? Have I confused you yet? This is all too much! Either way, if you're not happy, politely ask for a room change. They can usually accomodate. Yes, the beach is rocky but that's the case with most of the hotels in the downtown area. The better beaches are in Nuevo Vallarta but to me, that's too much of a trade-off. They're still enjoyable at the Buenaventura. And yes, tips will definitely get you treated well.

CDNEVILWOMAN - Yes, public restrooms near the main bar by the pool and also in the lobby area. If you do get a room that's not ground floor and the elevators are out (as they can frequently be, it's Mexico - just ask to use the service elevators) they come in handy! Your room choice sounds good to me. Some good places to dine near the hotel but a lot can be found on the southside and other places as well. I've got a great food guide that this guy emailed me last winter. He pops up on this forum once in a while and it lists tons of restaurants and little things about them and their menus. He's very thorough. If you'd like it. I can share if I have your email address. The Buenaventura is literally a 5 plus minute walk to the north end of the Malecon. Or proper stumbling distance. That's what I love about the place - the location. Well, that and the staff!

Aramat - your welcome! It is pretty informative. The pirate tour is on the ship Marigalante. I've never been as it is pretty touristy but I've heard good things from those who have. Google it and I think they have a website. Or use the search engine here. Tons of people have posted on it.

I hope this all makes sense as I am VERY tired. This daydreaming of vacation takes it out of you! 6 days and counting . . .

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Any comments on Buenaventura Hotel and Beach Club, PV?

Thanx U so much for the informative info! Its people like you PVparothead that make this site so awesome! Would love to have bought you a margurita! Cheers!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta