We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilma headed for PV?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
oklahoma
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wilma headed for PV?

I am burned out on hurricane coverage. In addition, I am not familiar with the places people say they are trasferring from. Is Wilma due to hit PV? Say it isn't so and if so why does changing hotels make a difference? Go ahead. Call me stupid.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
607 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

You're not stupid, so I won't call you that. But maybe a brush up on your geography? Anyway, Puerto Vallarta is on the Pacific side of Mexico and Cancun is on the Gulf side. People are switching their hotels/vacations to the opposite coast to avoid the hurricane. It would take a heck of a hurricane to reach across the entire country and a mountain range.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

My mother needs to get out her maps too...she's all worried that I'm going on vacation right into Wilma!!

All I can say is thank God we chose Puerto Vallarta rather than Cancun or Cozumel!!! (or southern Florida!!)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

At least 1,200 miles away

San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

No worries about Wilma --come on down the weather is fine

oklahoma
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

Thanks guys...I was having a panic attack. I know exactly where PV is, even jumped up to point out the bay to my children on the map of Mexico on TV. I didn't figure it would cross that whole way, but I got concerned there. Phew!

Thanks again.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wilma headed for PV?

Not only is Wilma NOT crossing over Mexico but it is turning around with its current track heading straight for me. I feel terrible for the battering that the Yucatan is getting. We won't be hit that hard but everyone here has been making preparations for the past week. After the two I experienced last year, even a weak storm is not good news, especially its aftermath.